Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This is some disinformation...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Abugadu posted:

it's me

i had to pee really badly

If only they did this for Bengals fans we'd have less urination altercations.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I was told crazy stuff was happening in this thread.

That was before a bunch of old dudes had to pee lmao prostate jokes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I went to a Chiefs bar in Studio City, CA last Sunday. It was like 50 Chiefs fans and the rest were Rams fans. I discovered that this was okay. Raiders and Chargers, much more difficult.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

Question is if the Chargers are moving now or if they move when the Stadium is done.

If they wait three years, it possibly gives San Diego time to get something done

A sun ray peeks from the clouds....

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

jesus how is LA so bad at football

Personally I think an Inglewood stadium will make a world of difference. The whole city drives to LAX already, it's not crazy to go there for a football game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chavs and Raiders, a match made in Dante's Inferno.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This is the best of outcomes, sorry bout it.

I couldn't be happier.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Why do people keep apologizing to St. Louis fans, as if they exist?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

JRizzle posted:

lol k dude

It's you. You're the one. I'm sorry, JRizzle.

I'm also happy it's the Rams and not the Raiders and a team I can support out here.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Uh, what are you talking about, I work at Fox in CC and this place exploded with the news.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I love it.

edit: St. Louis, now there's a town that sucks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MechaFrogzilla posted:

The L.A. Rams. Huh. How about that. So, three seasons in the Coliseum, followed by a move to the old Hollywood Park. Is there any transit heading that way? I know LA has been expanding its light rail.

I'm skeptical about two teams though, especially if the second is at a significant financial disadvantage. LA doesn't seem to care enough, although the city is so huge that the money may make sense regardless.

Any sense of how many fans in San Diego the Chargers would hold onto if they move north? I have to imagine it's a greater percentage than the Rams will retain in St Louis, even without the way the Rams blew the bridges behind them.

There are 6 million people in Missouri, more than half of them root for the Chiefs.

There are 18 million people in the greater Los Angeles combined statistical area.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

midwest ink posted:

How many of those are transplants that don't give a poo poo about an LA team?

Not enough. With those kind of numbers it just doesn't matter. A stadium by LAX will be supported. There will be Superbowls. Bowl Games. UCLA will play games here from time to time. Book it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^^ LA Coliseum, where they used to play and USC plays now.

Sharzak posted:

Can you imagine the loving drive to inglewood from downtown on Sunday

Take Olympic, you'll be fine.

Also I have no idea why I feel this way but I really think the Chargers will get something worked out to stay in San Diego and the same for Oakland/Raiders making this the best possible outcome.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Let's talk about myths. Myths are fun to say. Like St. Louis is a racist city, sure they've been in the news a lot. But really that's not the feeling I get when I visit there, then again I stay away from East St. Louis. But really the racism of Missouri, which is pretty legendary, is outside the city limits of St. Louis or KC. Racism exists everywhere but let's move on to some other myths.

-LA is a shithole. Everyone who visits LAX, gets caught in 405 traffic and looks at the neighborhoods around the 405 is like man LA is a shithole. I used to be one of those people. It isn't true but whatever. Even after you move here if you move into the wrong area like I did with Koreatown you can still think it's a shithole. The truth is it is diverse and huge and good and bad areas exist. You go up to someone from let's say Pasadena and you're like do you feel like you live in a shithole? No way man.

-LA is nothing but Kardashians who'd rather go to the beach than watch football. This one is infuriating. As if all 18 million people here are anything like that very very very small subgroup of people. Beach people are beach people, no football fan sits there and thinks huh should I watch football this morning or drive an hour to the beach and spend another hour looking for parking so I can sit in the sand in the winter because it's oh so fun. It's not. You're a surfer or beach person or you're not and you don't spend your winter weekends going to an overcast chilly beach when loving football is on.

-LA is all transplants with football allegiances to other teams. This is just lazy and dumb. Again 18 million people, the majority of which are born here. There are a lot of transplants but this hot take is usually done by either people who don't live in LA or transplants who hang out with other transplants. It's simply false.

-St. Louis Rams fans are die-hard fans who got screwed and lost their beloved team to a nasty money-hungry owner who sees the big lights of LA and got dazzled. Give me a break. This is the third NFL team to ditch St. Louis, the Rams played in LA for 49 years before they went to St. Louis and the Rams were LAST IN THE NFL in attendance. St. Louis has never really supported the Rams and it isn't like the Rams belong to St. Louis. I don't feel bad for them, if they're such victims let's see how quickly they would embrace the Cardinals ditching Phoenix and coming back to St. Louis, that would turn the tables in one second.

-LA fans won't support a team that doesn't win...

Okay this one is true. The Rams need to win, that's just the truth.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You sound bitter because you don't make enough money and hate crowds. That doesn't make it a toilet, it makes it the wrong city for you. I live in Studio City and I'm not a 1%, what are you even talking about.

edit: and a lot of the news people are reporting that Carson was never a serious option.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean, I'm not trying to derail but it's one of the few places where in less than two hours you can be in like five different climate zones. I personally ski a lot, go to wine country a lot, hike a lot and camp a lot. You don't get that in KC where I'm from. It's an 8 hour drive to Chicago which is largely the same.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Febreeze posted:

Here's my hot take

LA is poopy balls and everytime I watch someone from LA try to convince me otherwise I can almost see the nervous tic in their eyes as they painfully rationalize away all that sucks. Which is why they won't shut up about the weather, because the weather is probably the only true positive

I haven't said a thing about the weather being a reason to live here, San Diego has better weather than LA anyway.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whatever. New York is so awesome. /derail

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You can buy cheap in Inglewood but you better move quick.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Agreed. Santa Barbara as well.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wattershed posted:

It seems like most people who live in LA choose to do so because they can do their job there (and it'd be impossible/very hard to do elsewhere). Anyone who's not reliant on a certain industry and who still wants the geography/weather perks just moves to San Diego.

Now this, this is a good take.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also on the list for cities with horrible roads that nobody talks about: DC and Atlanta.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't mean like the quality of roads, I mean like confusing as hell for outsiders. Granted I drove in both without maps before smart phones.

Atlanta apparently named all of their roads Peachtree.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Houston on the other hand...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Have you ever been there?

It's super creepy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ha okay gotcha.

Yeah that place is like....

well here

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think Portland is awesome but I've never seen so many tatted up white hipsters in my life. It's like they took all the bearded skinny jeans kids from Silver Lake and got them really into Sons of Anarchy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well I think it's because people like me assumed it sucked, moved here and found out it isn't so bad and now we're arguing against our old selves as much as we are the stigma.

I have zero problem saying that San Diego is a superior city in every conceivable way you can measure that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

bawfuls posted:

California is terrible, none of you people from elsewhere should move here and if you're a transplant living in California and grumbling about how much it sucks then feel free to leave.

Move to Denver they love California transplants.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 13, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I agree with whoever said those shadows from the grid will be distracting.

edit: actually thinking about it that's not how photons work, it's far enough away that that won't be a thing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sorry Ross. At least it isn't that far and it isn't in a toxic dump.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I didn't want the chargers here but I'll take it over the Raiders. Plus Chiefs / Chargers games in my backyard.

Ross if I get access to a Fox suite I'll invite you.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

im sad and looking at any chargers apparel i have right now feels dirty

Throwbacks to wear to the game. They are only cooler now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

Indianapolis is closer to St Louis than either city and I think Cardinals fans would rather die than cheer a Chicago team. But probably chiefs

5 miles. It's 5 miles closer than KC.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If a prostitute with Hep-C moved into your apartment would you let her give you blow jobs?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I still can see a vision in my mind of a Chargers stadium downtown that somehow lets out into Gaslamp and its glorious. Like Wrigley Field glorious.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

bawfuls posted:

No because it'd be on the site of those lame parking lots just south of Petco so it'd let out into Petco and train tracks.

Was Ocean Beach by Seaworld ever discussed? I feel like there is a lot of room in that area but I've only been there three times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wattershed posted:

A stadium by OB (you're probably thinking that land immediately around Sea World) would be built like a normal stadium and end up looking like the one in the CGI renders on the last page because it's all marsh and would sink into the earth with velocity.

Oh, also, it's protected wetlands as well as a city-owned aquatic park.

I had no idea that area was wetlands. No wonder it feel like an untapped resource. Come to think of it having wide open spaces like that is pretty rare in that area and would be a shame to develop.

• Locked thread