Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

whiteyfats posted:

Are you serious? (forgive me, I am unaccustomed to your big city ways)

Google Bikini Baristas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
When I'm in Vegas I'm not going to notice a double digit change in hotel room costs. I'm there to drink and gamble and go to Spearmint and not having an additional $40 is probably for the better. Miss me with that miser poo poo.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

a neat cape posted:

An alert just popped up on my phone saying "NFL upset with Chargers moving, wants them back in San Diego. "

Lol

Link?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Not exactly the scathing report I was hoping for but drat, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when someone sits Spanos down and explains just how far up poo poo Creek he really is.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

tk posted:

I thought they authorized the move last year when they approved the Rams?

Yep. As part of allowing the Rams to move to LA via the secret vote, owners softened the blow to Spanos by giving him the option to move to LA and rent from Kroenke. I don't think any of the owners thought he would do it, though, because there is nothing beneficial about moving to the Kroenkedome unless Spanos plans on selling the team ASAP.

e:

Neil Armbong posted:

I thought there were reports before the move was announced that the NFL wanted the Chargers to stay and were offering some sort of financial help. Then a day later he announced the move. I felt like he pulled the trigger on the relocation because of the talk about them staying.

NFL had already offered $300m (or something like that) to make a deal with SD. There were rumors of another $100m being thrown to help build a new stadium if Spanos stayed in SD, but they were just rumors.

Spanos going to LA means that he lost the $300m of house money to play with AND required him to pay ~$650m in relocation fees, so it's not like an extra $100m was going to win him over either way.

Zurreco fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 21, 2017

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

FCKGW posted:

I don't remember how the Raider/Chargers Carson project was supposed to be funded, was that all private money?

Spanos and Davis had a gentleman's agreement to go 50/50 on an arena (minus whatever public funds they could get). The idea was that Spanos was willing to share evenly (despite having the higher net worth) explicitly because the Raiders brand in LA was a guaranteed ROI.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Slothass posted:

Has there been any word on talks between Kronke and Dean? Did he just announce this move without any prior negotiations about the logistics of sharing the stadium?

Rams were not apprised of the Chargers' decision to move to LA. I'm guessing they're in talks right now and one of two things is happening:

1) Dean Spanos is not involved in the negotiations at all and things are going smoothly (but the Chargers are not getting the winfall they were hoping for)
2) Dead Spanos is currently very upset that Kroenke is playing hardball with PSL revenue sharing because gosh darnit, being hated by 30 teams and millions of fans is hard enough.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I believe all relo's have to receive 23 of the 32 owner votes.

As has been stated, SD got the votes approving a move on the condition that LA was allowed to move immediately. Since LA moved, the SD move option was activated regardless of an additional vote.

Zurreco fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 21, 2017

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

ColdBlooded posted:

I think the best thing about this is that now everyone, not just Charger fans, are aware of the fact that Dean Spanos is both a moron and a huge piece of poo poo.

How short is the list of NFL owners that are not morons or huge pieces of poo poo? Arthur Blank and Paul Allen?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Grittybeard posted:

Clark Hunt seems fine I guess? Mark Davis is a weird guy and a fashion moron for sure, but seems more or less ok unless you're just really angry at him for moving the team.

Mark Davis is a legitimate ignoramus. I've got nothing against Hunt, though.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

whiteyfats posted:

Mark Davis, like his father, is both cool and good, hth.

Mark Davis is a fairly level headed owner and hasn't hosed anyone over, so I don't have anything against him on those fronts. Seems like all he wants to do is win and eat wings, which is cool in my book.

That being said, please look at his haircut and his taste in Chinese Bistros and tell me that he isn't an idiot.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Slothass posted:

Ok. I can't get passed the Chargers not talking to the Rams before announcing this move. What happens if they can't come to an agreement? Like Kroenke sticks it to them so bad they can't say yes to it. What then?

I'm thinking the NFL will step in on Spanos' behalf once the negotiations start going south, but Spanos is at the mercy of the Rams.

The issue here is that Spanos cashed in all of his good will with the other owners in the last 6 months. When Kroenke's rental agreement has the Rams dipping into all sorts of Chargers revenue, Goodell will tell Spanos to take the deal or kick rocks because he put himself in that corner.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Chinatown posted:

gently caress the Spanos family

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Adelson openly said that the funding for the Vegas arena, at least on his end, "was not secure" after the public funding vote passed. It was pretty easy to connect the dots that he wanted to get in on the action once the city was on the hook.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Chinatown posted:

SD is such a better city without an NFL team u you loving r-words (retards).

Christ. gently caress off. They're gone. Do literally ANYTHING ELSE.

I'ma watch the SB and have a great time.

SDSU B1TCH. Loser Chargers Homers can go and live in Carson (ahhahahaha)

May they all die screaming.

This is, almost 100%, what it's like talking to a Raiders fan in SD. Just needs a lil more random Mexican slang peppered in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Robnoxious posted:

PLAYOFF hockey is infinitesimally more exciting than pretty much anything.
World Cup is close but even that pales by a country mile.

I think you meant to use "infinitely," unless you think playoff hockey sucks.

• Locked thread