Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Spoeank posted:

California has so goddamned many sports teams:

NFL:
49ers
Raiders
Chargers
Rams
(Make them all the NFC West)

NBA:
Kings
Warriors
Clippers
Lakers

MLB:
Giants
A's
Dodgers
Angels
Padres
(make them all the NL West)

NHL:
Sharks
Ducks
Kings

MLS:
Earthquakes
Galaxy

lol said the backwards hick from a state that has a smaller population than the inland empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

They should have built that stadium in City of Industry instead

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

As a wise man once said "Inglewood, Inglewood up to no good"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

kiimo posted:

Have you ever been there?

It's super creepy.

Yes I drive by the proposed stadium site every couple weeks.

It would have been the worst stadium site in the world.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Why is the NFL not considering a new stadium in Victorville or Barstow?!?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bumming Your Scene posted:

He can give it a test try in San Bernardino

San Bernardino is worse than Detroit because it doesn't have a bunch of hipsters trying to gentrify the city core

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

lol it looks like a generic Irvine business park with a giant stadium stuck in the middle

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

actually im sad they're not building that stadium in city of industry. it looks like a pinata jizzed on to a hillside

i like that it would be built into the mountain and the majority of it would be underground

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

CityLab did a piece on how Angelenos might choose their team in the event of two moving: http://www.citylab.com/work/2016/01/its-time-for-la-fans-to-decide-chargers-or-rams/424161/?utm_source=atlfb

Sound accurate? I've only bee to SoCal a couple of times and don't know any sports fans from there.

No one in LA gives a poo poo about the Chargers. Everyone loves the Rams.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

It's because filing for trademarks means absolutely nothing. You do it if the chance of moving is anything >0%.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

No one is moving to LA to play second fiddle to the Rams. The Rams belong to LA and if anyone else wants to be second rate NFL team in this market until the end of time then lol.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

We should really build a stadium into that yucca mountain nuclear waste site since they're not going to use it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bullet train from la and lv to nuke town is what I say

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

It would be rad and they could literally build it right on the strip

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sash! posted:

I'm pretty sure that the Pittsburgh National Corporation Park is going to be in Pittsburgh.

Its nice that Heinz, PNC, and Consol are all Pittsburgh-based companies instead of some vague thing like FedEx Field being in DC.

Why would anyone outside of Pittsburgh know what PNC is?

Would you assume PG&E is Pittsburgh Gas and Electric?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Lessail posted:

Reminder the Review-Journal is owned by Adelson

I don't see how the stadium gets approved without way more private money tho

The tax would be on tourists so the locals don't care.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ross Angeles posted:

I don't like the retractable roof and artificial turf, but I guess that was bound to happen since they want to do a lot more than just have football games there

How dare you, California is in a drought!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

kiimo posted:

Think about all the Raiders fans in LA, too. That's less than an hour and often you can find deals which are less then 50 bucks.

Flights on Spirit Airlines from LAX to LV are $34 all inclusive.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Neil Armbong posted:

Why would anyone ever subject themselves to that poo poo airline.

Because LAX to LV is like a 45 mintue flight so who cares at that point.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Spoeank posted:

I drove from the Bay Area to Santa Barbara today and I can tell you California fuckin ruuuuuules.

I unsuccessfully tried to talk my wife into letting me take 1 the whole way but it would have been like 6 hours.

*drives 4 miles down some of the most beautiful coast in the world*

yup,. i've seen everything representing this state, looks good.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

i live in the inland empire (as i call it "orange county adjacent") and it's starting to grow on me

IE has a really big minor league baseball scene, i think there's 5 teams all within a <45min drive.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Donkwich posted:

:siren: Creepy goon story :siren:

Years ago I used to take pictures of out-of-state license plates as a kind of scavenger hunt game, since there are so many out-of-state license plates in the Bay Area. I was aware that being seen taking a picture of someone's plates would look suspicious, but I figured I would take the picture before they'd get back to their car so it was no problem.

Needless to say that backfired when a guy with Missouri plates started yelling at me and asked why I was taking a picture of his plates. I tried to explain what I was doing but he didn't believe that someone would be that weird. :v:

i have a vanity plate that people take pictures of almost daily and it gets tiring after a while

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

pizza valentine posted:

What does it say?

LOL NERD

I think all the international students around UCI think its a league of legends reference though.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I got family in Carson City and it's very pretty and I hope to move there some day

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Chargers to Anaheim. Freeway Series 2!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

shyduck posted:

Los Angeles San Diego Chargers of Anaheim

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Greater Los Angeles Logistics Transportation Region Chargers of Ontario

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Should be the California Raisins but with the raisins commercial guy as their mascot and play it super straight and serious

Alternatively The Los Angeles Truckers of City of Commerce

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

They should build the stadium on Catalina Island instead.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ok so then what about building it on THE ROCK !?!?!?!?!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Everyone hates LA but it's always one sided and LA is oblivious to any kind of rivalry. Talk to anyone in the bay area and they can tell you about some intense "SF-LA rivalry" but no one in LA will have any clue what you're talking about and don't think about any other cities ever.

It's pretty funny.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Del Taco Del Beef Burrito, Go Bold.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Rebrand to the LA Guacamoles

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Raiders jerseys are loving badass and rams jerseys are lamesville

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Inland Empire still got plenty of land.

New stadium in Barstow would cost like 90k

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

One step closer to the Rams and Chargers playing at Dodge Field

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

spanos rips off his mask, revealing Vince McMahon. "it's me Austin, it was me the whole time!" and Vince introduces the reboot of the XFL and rebranding the LA Chargers as the Los Angeles Xtreme

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Febreeze posted:

The Chargers are so dumb. I can almost guarantee you the logo was worked on for a while (or possibly shat out by a pro who had to do it in a weekend and didn't give a gently caress). I can also almost guarantee you that the similarity to the Dodgers logo was intentional, as "Los Angeles Brand Synergy". I can straight up see a Chargers executive pitching the new logo with that exact phrase.

I'm sure its this. Dodgers hats are the most common piece of clothing in LA, they just wanted a piece of that familiarity.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

No poo poo, the Rams "came back" to LA and will earn some cred as being the default "home team".

Everyone in LA can see the me too bullshit with the chargers and knows there's no loyalty to LA, it's purely business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

40 miles

Have you ever even been to the West Coast

since he phrased distance in miles and not minutes I'm going to say no

• Locked thread