Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
This scares me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Indeed they do! Bags of Holding work by shunting your stuff into a pocket dimension, and so the real trouble is that you're stuck with whatever air is in there. Unless you also have a magic bottle that refreshes the air or something similar, you can only survive inside for a few minutes, and I don't think you can get back out without help.

I thought they tore a dimensional rift open if you did that and you would fall out into the infinite void between planes.

Edit: nvm, they changed the rules in fourth edition. Now you're right.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 5, 2015

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Tunicate posted:

I think it's okay to nest bags of holding or portable holes, but only if you don't mix between the two.

Didn't used to be. In 2nd edition that was a great way to buy a one-way ticket to the Astral Plane.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

JosephWongKS posted:

That's the notorious / infamous part of Chapter 7 that you guys were talking about right? It can't get even worse than this, right?

i81icu812 posted:

Just checking, but this is still the comedy forum somethingawful.com, right? A website founded on mocking the worst the internet has to offer?

Yeah, I've been reluctantly reading along because I feel like I need to keep an eye on the big threads in this forum, got to that post, my skin tried to crawl into my eyeballs, but then I went "well, this is Something Awful after all." Mocking the horrible is part of the mission statement.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Please don't make me have to read and understand this thread in order to end whatever the current slapfight is, just end it yourselves

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

divabot posted:

Effective Altruism sure doesn't get much more effective than asking for $28,000 to give away copies of HPMOR, which is already free (except the erosion of one's soul).

WTF

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Qwertycoatl posted:

The rationality community have gradually decided that the most effective use of charity money is to give it to themselves.

Future generations are gonna look back on the 21st Century as the Century of Grifting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, there's a lot of confusion between the concepts of copyright and trademark. Copyright is automatic and ludicrously flexible. It basically allows the rights-holder to tell people to gently caress off whenever they want.

https://www.treehugger.com/culture/artist-saves-land-pipeline-copyrighting-it-artwork-peter-von-tiesenhausen.html