Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

JosephWongKS posted:

I think that an evil child genius plotting to take over the world may in the right circumstances be entertaining, but this particular smug know-it-all Harry is just so unpleasant to read that it sucks all the potential joy out of the story. Are there any good (original, non-fanfiction) stories about an evil child overlord or overlord wannabe?

There's This series by Catherine Jinks, though I only ever read the first one, and I read it ten years ago. So I can't speak for its quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Deptfordx posted:

So i've been reading this, this weekend. Second to endorse this. If you have any knowledge of Dnd, especially 3rd editon this is a genuinally fun read.

I genuinely enjoyed that. And it made me want to run a good old fashioned cliche-as-hell D&D game.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Character development! Could this be the start of Eliezarry’s road to being a decent and likable person?

Ahahaha

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

i81icu812 posted:

Fanfiction of fanfiction.

Autistic turtles all the way down.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Moody's injuries were likely caused by dark magic, which canonically was often a lot harder to heal than regular injuries.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Chapter 17 – Locating the Hypothesis
Part Twenty-One

It’s cryptic to me too. Has Eliezarry’s thirst being an ominous sign been mentioned or hinted at in the story before?

It's the comed-tea thing.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Eldataluta posted:

Snape literally became the thing Neville was most afraid of. He tormented a child until he became more terrifying to that child than the whole host of magical things that could kill him such as... death eaters.

As a 13 year old, he was more frightened of Snape than he was of the people who tortured his parents into insanity.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

divabot posted:

If you're into HP fic and you want a Harrymort who sucks less, there's a nice crackfic called Seventh Horcrux (that's the index page) which is a moment's amusement.

That was definitely worth the hour or two it took to read. A good fanfic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Pvt.Scott posted:

No that's the perfect time! That's how Magic Hitler came to be in the first place!

If any time was perfect, we wouldn't need time turners.