Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

a few months back i needed a couple big boxes of unlubricated condoms for reasons and the only place i could find them (after checking multiple drugstores/walmarts) was kmart

so thats why kmart is still open, because theyve got the big boxes of unlubricated condoms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

good luck finding booze, lube, a cucumber and clean underwear in one stop at 4 in the morning, manhattan

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The Mad Archivist posted:

once again the south fucks things up

look if you werent such a welfare queen you'd have a car and a house in the suburbs

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

only really fat people drink tons of diet soda

it just goes to show that really fat people are fat because they're dumb as poo poo not GLANDS or whatever

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

you can make your own orangina with orange juice and club soda :monocle:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

wilderthanmild posted:

The only time I ever heard of piggly wiggly was on a jeff foxworthy recording.

Thats my piggly wiggly story.

i think i drove past a piggly wiggly outside pensacola a few weeks ago

thats my piggly wiggly story

in a few years every store in the south will be family dollar

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

You can sell your giftcards on ebay for 95+% of their cash value. It's probably a big money launering thing as well, because if you're selling drugs or bitcoins for paypal this lets you cash out without linking a bank account and turn over accounts pretty quickly before paypal gets suspicious about the money. then with a gift certificate to sears or bestbuy or whatever you can buy some stuff and sell it on ebay/craigslist for cash

it's important because if you're getting moderate amounts of money regularly through paypal not from ebay auctions paypal will just assume you're selling drugs, freeze your funds and keep them until you prove that it's legal, declared income. they can do this because they're not a bank and relevant consumer protections do not apply

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 23, 2015

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

Gasoline gift cards make an excellent "oh crap I have to get this guy a gift and I have to choose between this AMC gift card, this Footlocker gift card, or this Chevron gift card" option if you feel that an Amazon e-gift card makes it too obvious that you forgot about someone's birthday

my bible thumping, climate change denying tea party uncle always gives me a $25 7-11 card for christmas and i just use it to buy lottery tickets when it gets to 400+m just for the 1 in a billion chance of my uncle having to live with the reality of making his heathen liberal hippie nephew rich

just the dream is worth more to me than a partial tank of gas or a few cups of coffee

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fetus Tree posted:

i am 100% unironically surprised to the point where i doubt the veracity of the claim

of the two nearest 7-11s to home only one will do it so it must be up to the manager :iiam: (which also probably explains the sears situation that derailed the thread into gift card chat)

only the worst money launderer in the world would try to cash out with powerball tickets, so

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 23, 2015

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The Twinkie Czar posted:

I would not be surprised at all to find some stupid state or local law that forbids using gift cards for gambling/alcohol/tobacco/anything fun.

When the idea first occurred to me this was my assumption, so I asked the guy at 7-11, and he said it was ok

The rest is history

Grocery store gift cards usually can't be used to buy booze either. I learned this in college when my well-intentioned parents gave me a harris teeter gift card, so I could buy some real food :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ah yes

k-mart in-jokes

• Locked thread