Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Surfing Turtle posted:

Whoa where did you see that there might not even be a public sale? =(

I haven't seen anything about it, however if there was ever a fight that could bring out rich people who have never seen a boxing match but would love to flaunt their status it would be this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Personally I'd stay away from the Bradley, Clottey, and Mosley fights. The only recent Pac fights I'd watch are the Marquez ones even if they might not make you believe in him versus Floyd, they're still great entertainment. However If you start with the Cotto fight in 09 and work your way back you'll be like "whoa"

But there are better boxing historians in this thread who could give you specific matches to check out. I just know I paid for the Mosley fight and I'm still upset this many years later.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I don't think Mayweather / Pacquiao 2 goes much differently than the first but I'll watch it, and frankly it might even be a little better when instead of every rear end in a top hat on Earth having an opinion on it it'll feel more like a boxing match than the Burger King's big night out.

But if they try to drum it up as bigger than the first match, i.e. selling tickets for a higher amount and trying to break the PPV record again & other horse poo poo, they can go gently caress themselves.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

one thing that could stop the rematch is Floyd doesn't really have to negotiate this time. Why would he give Manny & Arum another 60/40 split? He could say here's 50 million take it or leave it.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

After 5.5+ million PPVs I don't blame the world for being a little burnt out on boxing for a while, though. That number is disgusting.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

So, yeah. If the fight did that much business for a fight that boxing fans were happy with but the rest of the world thought was a dud, eh, I'm okay with boxing being dead/dying/dormant/whatever the gently caress for a couple of years.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

the only thing I like about Mayweather vs Berto is is confirms that Mayweather will return for a 50th fight. There's no way on Earth that Floyd is going to retire on a who gives a poo poo win over Andre Berto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The Ninth Layer posted:

This fight honestly isn't even worth a second thread but I suppose I could whip something up just to keep that poo poo fight out of here.

You always make great threads but drat, that fight doesn't deserve it.

You might as well just write up your thoughts on hypothetical rematches with Canelo or Pacquaio, which is going to be his 50th fight, and put a small blurb about the Berto match at the bottom.

• Locked thread