Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah it was bad. Easy to mod though

thats the part that makes it so horrible, it was the easiest thing in the world to fix and clear to anyone who played it for a couple of hours that it needed to be fixed but no one who was paid to make the game realized this somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

the total conversion that turns it into a german WRPG is ok for a few hours, but then you get tired of staring at the ugly chunky clay person models, and the lovely unresponsive combat, and the gross looking plastic-rear end scenery and also realize the lovely collecta-thon nature of the conversion, and deeply regret the few hours you put into both setting up the game and then playing it to that point

so, in short, the uninstall mod

the content in the conversion is generally ok but at the end of the day youre still playing oblivion, which sucks

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got pretty pissed off when it made me sit through a ten minute in-character cutscene that they didn't bother subtitling into English because it was all audio samples and not actual character dialogue

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i beat oblivion on the xbox when i was 15 and it was a lot of fun. shivering isles was way better than bland rear end cyrodill though

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I got really mad when Oblivion came out because I didn't have a PC that could run it, and it wasn't available for the original xbox.

You can imagine how disappointed I was, mostly in myself, when I actually got to play it.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I got oblivion the other day and it said I should be an assassin. does the stealth system ever get better than "sneak into range, shoot an arrow at them and get a damage multiplier but then every enemy in the room now knows exactly where you are even if you ducked back around a corner"

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
lmao of loving course it doesn't

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everything except shooting big fireballs/arrows and hacking at thousands of dudes is bad in every Elder Scrolls game. When you play a sneaky person what they really mean is 'guy who uses crit multipliers instead of flat damage'.

Oblivion was the worst because that fight with the goblin mage or w.e with a few goblin knights chilling there was exactly as challenging as every single fight after it, including fights with garbage trash mobs because scaling enemies.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i am unsubscribing from the hate thread, which does not appreciate how fun oblivion is with like three mods.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

FILTHY PICKPOCKET. nenenenennene. FILTHY PICKPOCKET PICK POCKET FILTHY

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
morroblivion is worth playing for a short period of time

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Frank Horrigan posted:

I got really mad when Oblivion came out because I didn't have a PC that could run it, and it wasn't available for the original xbox.

You can imagine how disappointed I was, mostly in myself, when I actually got to play it.

Goddamn hardware T&L requirement.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

BgRdMchne posted:

Goddamn hardware T&L requirement.

oldblivion

someone legit made a bunch of trainer hooks just so they could play the game on geforce 2s or something

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

sector_corrector posted:

the uninstall mod

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
when I first played oblivion, it was with no shadows whatsoever, on the lowest oldblivion graphics settings. dope as gently caress

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
for a while any time i played a bethesda game and the framerate started chugging id open the console and try tlb even in skyrim where it doesn't do anything

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOOQsLt5-S8

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Skyrim? More like SkyRimjob, because it slurps poo poo lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

WHAT IS BETTER THE STOP CRIMINAL SCUM OR THE ARROW ON THE KNEE MEME

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

skyrim > oblivion > daggerfall > morrowind > arena

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF-XMtNEudQ

Dec 26, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

WHAT IS BETTER THE STOP CRIMINAL SCUM OR THE ARROW ON THE KNEE MEME

thats a tough call plutonis

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Madness has brought you here to me... I will be your undoing - Prince Malchezaar

Korthal
May 26, 2011

:nws: :eng101: Fun fact: The horses in Oblivion all have anuses :eng101: :nws:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The freaking uninstall mod.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
every time i see this thread i get tempted to come in and post about how bad this game is, but then i have to stop myself

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let loose dude, you can do whatever the f*ck you want in the lower case video game forum

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Let loose dude, you can do whatever the f*ck you want in the lower case video game forum

it's actually a shitposting forum according to a powerful posting pal of mine

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'm very close to completing the quest "The Collector." I've collected 9 out of 10 Ayleid Statues.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
After something like 300 hours spent playing this game over 9 years and never completing any of the major questlines, I'll become master of the Thieve's Guild today.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I'm very close to completing the quest "The Collector." I've collected 9 out of 10 Ayleid Statues.

what are you gonna do with all of them, thats a lotta statues

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

A Spider Covets posted:

what are you gonna do with all of them, thats a lotta statues

You sell them to Umbacano, the titular Collector, for 500 gold apiece. I have 800,000 gold currently.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
The statues will be all arranged for me when I murder Umbacano and take over his house later, which is nice.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

sector_corrector posted:

every time i see this thread i get tempted to come in and post about how bad this game is, but then i have to stop myself
same, I already posted a huge list of grievances somewhere else that basically boils down to "why isn't this game more like mount and blade?", and then I realize that the truth is I just don't like Elder Scrolls, at all. I played something like 40 hours of oblivion and 60 hours of skyrim just because I thought the game was something else. 100 hours of a spiral of realization that I was actually playing another game in my head while playing these games and that I'm quite possibly retarded.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i have not reinstalled oblivion like the OP, but i did, in fact, reinstall new vegas last night. i feel good about this choice.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

program666 posted:

same, I already posted a huge list of grievances somewhere else that basically boils down to "why isn't this game more like mount and blade?", and then I realize that the truth is I just don't like Elder Scrolls, at all. I played something like 40 hours of oblivion and 60 hours of skyrim just because I thought the game was something else. 100 hours of a spiral of realization that I was actually playing another game in my head while playing these games and that I'm quite possibly retarded.
Had a similar experience w/r/t your mom.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

So you expected that your action towards my mom would change anything but you realized that she was completely static, and you though that a good first step would be for her to have faction mechanics like she had in the past :confused:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Had a similar experience w/r/t your mom.

Fail.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

program666 posted:

So you expected that your action towards my mom would change anything but you realized that she was completely static, and you though that a good first step would be for her to have faction mechanics like she had in the past :confused:
No, I mean I eventually realized that your mother and I didn't have a long-term connection. I do still miss her though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

:3:

• Locked thread