Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
into the idiot shitlord i am today

please use this thread to post your favourite reminiscences of basic, basic like languages and your formative programming years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
10 PRINT "UR GAY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
N = INT(RND(1)*20)+1

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
mods pls rename thread to "BASIC bicthes"

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
as we've all seen, learning BASIC causes brain damage. LOGO rules.

code:

TO SQUARE :SIZE
REPEAT 4 [ FD :SIZE RT 90 ]
END

pram
Jun 10, 2001
hey want to run my vb program. just install these 10 dlls, nbd

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
visual basic is the National Standard Language that is taught to all our young programmers to be

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
i just had to write a desktop app in xojo aka realbasic and it was a painful experience to say the least

like bashing a rock against my balls except the rock was my fist and bashing it against my balls somehow bruised my fist as well as my balls

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

On Error Resume Next

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
I stared off by learnign C++ (but mostly teh C part) and some SQL hahahah now im a bad man

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I did some vbscript for a pinball game once. Now I work with a codebase ported alomost verbatim from VB and Matlab so be careful out there kids! Just say no to vb

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i learned coding by making malicious vb6 programs

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

pointsofdata posted:

I did some vbscript for a pinball game once. Now I work with a codebase ported alomost verbatim from VB and Matlab so be careful out there kids! Just say no to vb

sounds very painful, i am sorry for you

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

i bet the ms visual basic team at this point is one old grey beard who has been there since vb6 and a bunch of lovely interns that nobody cares about

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

the first programming i did was in the warcraft 3 map editor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
real programmers write in machine code op

think about it this is the computer age if u cant speak machine thgen u are basically illiterate irl

• Locked thread