Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I've been working on this a while. I've lived in Texas for sixteen years now and really like that green sauce that comes at certain Tex-Mex establishments down here. Recently, it would seem my wife is allergic to everything, so I've been working like mad to make stuff flavorful that doesn't upset her allergies. I have for you today a recipe for a Cilantro-Lime-Avocado sauce that's been a real hit at my place. It's like Taco Box's green sauce, I put that poo poo on everything. Grilled chicken, tuna, dirty rice. My wife is allergic to nightshades, so there won't be any tomato, but feel free to add some pico de gallo if you like. I also don't put chili peppers in what I make here, but I recommended a couple of ones to try in case you aren't allergic to the awesome that is capsicum.

I hope you guys like it :-)

Cilantro-Lime-Avocado Dip

Equipment: blender, knife, cutting board, orange/lime juicer
Ingredients:
4 large limes, halved and juiced
¼ onion of your choosing, diced
1 avocado, splitted and pitted
Olive Oil
Water
1 tsp salt
6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 Bunch cilantro, washed, chopped.
Peppers of your choosing, depending on heat level desired
Mild-Black pepper, ground 1 tsp
Medium – 1-2 Jalapenos, chopped (keep the insides/seeds)
Hot – 1 Habanero, chopped with insides(seriously, don’t do this, wear gloves if you do)

First, you will want to juice the limes and pour the juice into a measuring cup. Whatever the amount of juice is, you’ll want to add equal parts of oil and water. For example, the limes make ½ cup of juice, then you add ½ cup of water and ½ cup of olive oil. All three go in the blender carafe.
Next, finely dice the onion and drop it in the carafe. Remove the paper and skins from the garlic cloves. Mince them and add them to the carafe. Run the blender on whatever it’s ‘liquefy’ setting until you don’t see chunks of onion or garlic.
Next, halve the avocado, remove the pit(safely) and then scoop the yummy avocado guts into the carafe. Liquefy that too, the mix should look light green and smooth at this point.
Next, add your salt. I recommend a teaspoon, but you can add more or less to your taste. Add the pepper here too and pulse it into the mixture.
After that, it’s time to add that whole pile of cilantro. It’s best to do it in stages to prevent the blender blade from cavitating. Run that mixture on the ‘liquefy’ setting for a good while until there aren’t any chunks or leaves left and the whole mix looks nice and smooth.

Pour out the mix into a bowl and go clean up the mess you just made, then bust out some chips and go hog wild!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread