Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

gently caress uublog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

jeffersonlives posted:

If you're still alive, thank you uublog for Santayana and screwing up Walsh's deal, and also giving AV Graves for nothing

lol

Also thanks for trading for Rigo Nunez.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

nasboat posted:

gently caress uublog

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

gently caress Cody Roosevelt

and Matt Cambridge

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Who knew one non-Art clown owner could have such an impact from the grave.

RIP uublog. You were a jerk and a bad owner.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

nasboat posted:

gently caress uublog

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
RIP uublog. I will never forgive you for ignoring my (most likely better the Jeff's) trade offers for Cla Walsh but I hope wherever you are now is better then this.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
As much as it sucks to lose the WS to jeff again, it's going to suck waaaaaay more when Al Duke doesn't get any extra recovery on rollover :(

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

duyarvish posted:

RIP uublog. I will never forgive you for ignoring my (most likely better the Jeff's) trade offers for Cla Walsh but I hope wherever you are now is better then this.

Ditto.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
We have our first replacement owner lined up, as @CBoulding will be jumping in

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

#2 is @MRubio52, whose WiS name is elchapo

Our rollover will be Saturday or Sunday, and I'm going to be away until Monday night. Might take until mid-week to fill, just so everyone's aware.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
I'm in Utah for the next week and a half, but I'll have wifi midway through, so if the league somehow magically gets its poo poo together faster than usual, I'll still be in.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

I reupped because apparently I have 3 more seasons to kill

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

As much as it sucks to lose the WS to jeff again, it's going to suck waaaaaay more when Al Duke doesn't get any extra recovery on rollover :(

Oh gee he got a whopping one more point of recovery thanks HBD. Minus 6-7 on injury, 200+ days on DL, +1-2 on recovery.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Oh hey cool I forgot to put Vicente Toca on the 40 man and now he's going to cost me shitloads of money

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
oh hell yeah swindell got even better

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I hope Haywood extends because he wants $15.2 in arb

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

He'll extend for like 10m even.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

EvilBeard posted:

Your Season 31 Hartford Focus!

C - Alcides DeRojas (33) - .275/.335/.561 45HR 118RBI He's an aging catcher and while he's not the best defensively, he's adequate and will drive in runs. Dingers galore (42 and 45 in his 2 seasons in Hartford).Cool dude rating: :dukedog:
1B - Salvador Martin (24) - .295/.369/.539 37HR 121RBI A young slugger who looks to be the anchor at 1B for a decade in Hartford. 37HR in his first full season, and I look for that total to improve slightly. Cool dude rating: :dukedog:
2B - Alex Nieves (27) - .289/.367/.513 25HR 69RBI A good second baseman getting into his prime. Good production at the top of the lineup. An underrated player. Cool dude rating: :parrot:
SS - Julio Sosa (32) - .270/.319/.368 12HR 56RBI An aging SS, but he still has a good glove. His bat though. :barf: Cool dude rating: :bunt:
3B - Slim Norton (29) - .313/.374/.580 41HR 123RBI A great hitting 3B in his prime. Switch hitting with plenty of power. I don't know why he isn't as good defensively as I think he should be. Cool dude rating: :coolfish:
LF - Graham Abernathy (26) - .319/.386/.562 40HR 120RBI Former AL MVP. Robbed in the voting last year. He's a monster. Cool dude rating: :krakken:
CF - Alan Hayes (22) - .331/.38/.632 10HR 33RBI (in 136AB) ROTY. Book it. He'll be below average defensively (though with a plus arm) but his bat should play well in CF. Cool dude rating: :black101:
RF - Arodys Vega (24) - .256/.329/.502 10HR 34RBI (in 203AB) ROTY. BOOK IT. My OF is full of cybernetic alien robots from the future sent back in time to destroy your pitching. You're welcome. Cool dude rating: :krakken:
DH - Howard Schierholtz (25) - .319/.388/.494 16HR 55RBI (in 348AB) A good young DH. I'm not sure how many dingers he'll produce, but he should be a solid ML hitter. Cool dude rating: :coal:

Bench:

IF - Shelby Huff (25) - Yeah, he can't hit. But he should be able to catch the ball while other guys are getting the day off. Not really a cool dude at all. Nasboat level.
OF - Giomar Bournigal (29) - He's a good fielder and an okish hitter to fill in on off days. Not cool at all. Probably roots for the Seahawks.
C - Harry Guerrero (31) - A good defensive catcher, he'll provide a solid veteran presence in the clubhouse. Ok dude. Probably listens to dadrock.

Pitching:

Who cares about pitching when your team is gonna hit balls over walls?! :getin:

Let's do a little recap on how I thought things would go.

C - Alcides DeRojas - .253/.308/.463 32HR 90RBI A bit of a backslide, but that's still ok production. I can't complain from a guy hitting down the order for me.
1B - Salvador Martin - .333/.406/.600 45HR 110RBI I felt he would improve, and he did. I look forward to him continuing this level of production for a decade.
2B - Alex Nieves - .278/.359/.442 19HR 76RBI Right in line with his production from previous years. Gets on base, hits at a decent clip, plays good D. Solid young talent.
SS - Julio Sosa - Let's just not talk about him. I fired him into the sun.
3B - Slim Norton - .268/.334/.469 32HR 89RBI Really not a bad hitting season, though his HR and RBI totals dipped. Still, it could be way, way worse. I'm happy with what he's doing.
LF - Graham Abernathy - .283/.349/.475 32HR 79RBI Not the best hitting career of his young career, but could be worse. Lack of RBI due to where I hit him this year.
CF - Alan Hayes - .261/.314/.454 21HR 69RBI He didn't hit quite as well as I'd hoped, but he showed good pop in CF. Also stole 20 bases. I'm happy with his rookie season.
RF - Arodys Vega - .273/.328/.532 35HR 113RBI Dipped a bit in the second half, but I'll take this production for another decade. real power.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Yooooooooo is arthur out?

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Darren Carrithers

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

So how many of these 8 openings are real? Or are people coming back?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Operaterp sitemailed me saying he'll be back, he forgot to register. Send him the password TMB.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

the rapidly accelerating death of the scalawag Erick Duran

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Pedro Silva is going to extend and will be on the trade market so send offers my way if you are interested

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

I'll be back just haven't had a chance to add a season.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

e: scratch all that, now I can see my guys' past ratings just fine. Guess HBD is working some things out...

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Those Jerks At WIS posted:

We have another update planned within the next month that will introduce different player development and injury recovery patterns.

Too late to save Wally, you bastards. How many pitchers had to die??

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Haha they blanked out scouting budgets and injury/medical but not coaches or prospects? Why would I know what someone has to spend on coaches/players/prospects but not on training or scouting? If they are going to do that black it all out.

Also they blanked out budget history on the set your budget page, so I do not even know my own budget history lol. So even when they are making updates they make stupid mistakes. I do not trust these people to make changes and not break everything. Having QA/Beta/Alpha release worlds is probably a good idea.

Scrotos fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 26, 2015

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Scrotos posted:

Also they blanked out budget history on the set your budget page, so I do not even know my own budget history lol.

Only if you select all. You can still see individual past seasons. Because, sure.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Only if you select all. You can still see individual past seasons. Because, sure.

Also if you go to budget analysis and pick any team and any one season you can see all of their budget because of the average. This is why I am done with WiS. I was fine with them treating it as abandon wear, but it is more insulting to make changes that they clearly did not QA or test in anyway.

I got 150 credits left to spend and then I am done.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Scrotos posted:

Also if you go to budget analysis and pick any team and any one season you can see all of their budget because of the average.

Either I'm reading this wrong and not doing it correctly or it's not working for me.

E: nevermind. I was expecting to see their budget on their own budget line, not as the average. Got it.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Either I'm reading this wrong and not doing it correctly or it's not working for me.

E: nevermind. I was expecting to see their budget on their own budget line, not as the average. Got it.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
lmao

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

rip the oldest static division in Dimaggio~

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

But also welcome back old friend saintonan

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Wait, is Santa Cruz a new city or did I somehow never notice it?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Thanks TMB, I was gonna wait for the new thread to say hi, but since you mentioned me, may as well speak up.

AlleyViper posted:

Wait, is Santa Cruz a new city or did I somehow never notice it?

I haven't played in two years and change, but I'd never seen it before this morning.

Also, I'm probably going to have to push him on a pubbie but if anyone has interest in Stephen Patton, he's probably going to be non-tendered. Other than situations like that, I'm going to be cautious about trades until WIS gives more information on how they plan to screw $0 advance owners. No harm in TC though.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Unfortunately for that plan the pubbie pool has gotten significantly smaller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

After MRubio/elchapo signs up, we'll have 3 openings unclaimed.

• Locked thread