Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
It's trivially easy for an experienced player to be respectably bad - while still maintaining high picks and top end international money - by digging up decent free (or close) talent, which also accumulates future assets. If Art or whomever wants to spend a hundred bucks to be absurdly bad for five years I guess that's his prerogative but it isn't the best way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

AlleyViper posted:

Blurrrrrrgh Todd Davis for infinity years of Cla Walsh

Well, hopefully infinity years

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

Here are my thoughts:

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Yeah, believe it or not that really doesn't help.

I'm sorry if I am not helping but I am not going to take a somber serious note because I win too much at a stupid internet game.

I mean if I can't post shovel.gif, what point is there to life

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

:psylon:

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

If you're still alive, thank you uublog for Santayana and screwing up Walsh's deal, and also giving AV Graves for nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

I thought Nilsson was the best piece on either side in that deal (though this is at least partially due to my weird paradigm) and between that and some offers he sent me mentally checked the new guy off as competent. Ah well.

• Locked thread