Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
uublog don't let your pitchers explode into bloody chunks this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Hi Elston :)

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

I love handing out terrible, terrible contracts

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

ArtVandelay posted:

Not to throw TBB under the bus, but he has won 36 and 38 games the last 2 seasons, and I don't really remember seeing anyone get too upset about it.

The only way to truly rebuild is to tank for the #1 pick and get as many IFA's as possible. That's what I did last time and that's what i'm going to do this time. It's not like i'm the only one who's ever done that. Just recently uublog did it (and then did exactly what I did and ruined his team), as well as gardenald, who hopefully won't follow my lead! I'm just a lightning rod for complaints because i'm annoying and can't help myself from writing annoying things. But even then, I barely posted in the last thread.

TBB is a new player, and gardenald turned it around so quickly that he only spent one season losing 100+ games. He won more than a hundred games last season

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Stop trading your good players to AV and nasboat jesus christ

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Your Season 31 New York Metropolitans (Projected after 20 games):

Lineup
#1 Sean Stein*, 2B: Puts up good offensive numbers and bad SB/CS ratios.
#2 Chip Steele, LF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSsaSimi8A
#3 Willie Arencibia*, C: Hoping he'll bounce back to putting up elite offensive numbers for a catcher after a down year.
#4 James "Jimmy" Page, RF: CHEAP DINGERS CHEAP DINGERS CHEAP DINGERS
#5 Jaime "Hi-May" Walcutt, 1B: Terrible 1B defense, like wow what the gently caress am I doing, but I hope he'll be able to repeat or add to his rookie season's ~.830 OPS.
#6 Don Magruder, 3B: Bad 3B defense, with a league average bat. Not long for this starting lineup once I find someone in FA next season.
#7 Pablo Espinosa, CF: I realized too late that Charlotte has an insane clowndick hitter's park, but I'll settle for slightly less than good defense in center with 20HR power.
#8 Ronnie Harper, SS: Beloved of God (jeff) and myself, this saintly little lamb is a defensive genius and puts up an acceptable OBP with laughable power.
#9 Pitcher

Rotation
#1 John Swindell - Oh hell yeah. vR 90!!! 95 velocity!!!! Are you ready for 170 innings of 3.50 ERA!!!!!!!!
#2 I$mael Ayala - Got overpaid in FA, but he is still beautiful to me. Will pitch 200+ innings, which is a godsend because the rest of my pitchers are weak little low stamina babies.
#3 David Lucano* - Freed from Art's clutches, turned out to be a good pitcher.
#4 Aurelio Santos - Picked up for free in the Rule V last season, good stats but sort of uneven results. Had a HORRIFIC start last season before settling down and giving me 170 innings of 3.65 ball. Will pitch 5 innings in any given start.
#5 Anibal "The Animal" Beltre - You all laughed when I gave him 3/21. Then last season he gave me 225 innings of 3.91 ERA ball!!!! WHO IS LAUGHING NOW?? Will be replaced by ROB ROMERO next season.

Bench
Elston Barker, OF - Veteran draped in past glories hired to play right field until Jimmy Page graduates, and then he'll be a nice bench bat on an affordable one-year contract.
Fred McGeehee, 1B - Doing our part to fix nasboat's contract mistakes. Will play 1B when Walcutt has to play a spell at C when Arencibia gets tired 50 games in.
Rod Whitman, OF - Disgraceful failure provides power off the bench until he becomes expensive or someone trades for him. Trade for him!!
Lonny Scott, OF - Elite range, eye, and base-stealing at the expense of everything else. A fun, if limited, player.
Jolbert Martinez, IF - drat, this guy's defense owns. Will probably be the one replacing Ronnie Harper when he gets old.
Chipper Good, 2B/OF - A "Good" player, but actually maybe bad, but maybe actually good? Gets on base at a ~.350 clip, steals bases like someone who avoided the disastrous hiring of a bench coach as a 3B coach two seasons ago, and plays GG-level defense in the corners and sometimes 2B. I like him a lot, but he's a bit of an odd duck and if you like him you should trade me a good 3B for him.
Whichever AAA catcher I decide on goes here

Bullpen notables
Wally Millwood - A good reliever, but most importantly he can throw ~120 innings in an up season, which is enormously helpful with a rotation made up of dudes who might not crack 200 innings as starters.
Benny Cortez - Finally! 92 vR, but only 77 control. We'll see...
Santiago Toca - Bad ratings, but was good last season and in this spring training. Maybe he has a good hidden rating? Will put up an ERA of 15.00 this season in 20 innings.

Prediction: A winning record for the first time in 7 seasons as an owner.

*Rescued from Art to a good and loving home

TRADE FOR MIDRE OGANDO PLEASE

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 7, 2015

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

That blows AV :(

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

I have a starting pitcher with 63 stamina/27 durability. he can reliably go into the low to mid 90s in pitch count every game, but it also leaves him with a 0(25) or a 1(27) rest rating or something close to that. He can usually recover to 100% rest by the time it's his turn again, but is that going to mess him up in the long term?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

We have another injury on our hands. Chip Steele at the ML level will be sidelined roughly 20 HBD days stemming from his recent misfortune [Shoulder, strained]. He definitely needs to go on the DL; whether it's the 15-Day or 60-Day depends on how you view your roster's flexibility. We'll let you know if anything changes on the road to recovery. Good luck!!!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCRae5mRoRE

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Chip Steele returns

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

chutwig posted:

i am 30-19 and cannot pull away from the rest of this god drat division, outlier pythags don't matter as much as healthy competition within the divisions AND THERE IS WAY TOO MUCH OF THAT IN THE NL EAST RIGHT NOW GOD DAMMIT

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

What the gently caress did you idiots in the AL do?? You let Scrotos build an insane monster team!!!

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 28, 2015

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Why do I have seven games in a row against IOWA

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Dear Mr. Nasboat,

This is a letter from the New York Metropolitans Baseball Club, to inform you about the player you left with us earlier. Parting with a player you love but can no longer properly care for can be a painful or even traumatic experience, but we want to assure you that you did the proper thing, and that your player, Fred McGehee, is fitting in well in his new home. Fred loves it here. He chases ducks, is fed regularly, goes for runs every day, and is hitting .330/.383/.595. He's made lots of new friends like Chip and Jimmy. If he could talk, he'd say: thank you!

Sincerely,
The New York Metropolitans Baseball Club

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

I got a guy named Byron Fife with my first pick at #83 so I'm happy

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

the NL Beast

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

It's pretty cool that Old Man Egan is still rampaging through the league

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Egan is hitting .392/.463/.646 with 18 homers in Santa Fe, meanwhile Chip Steele is hitting .363/.422/.650 in Shea

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Here's the latest on the injury Chip Steele at the ML level suffered [Hamstring, strained/stiff/tight]. He's gonna be out around 17 HBD days and should probably be placed on the 15-Day DL. We'll let you know if anything changes on the road to recovery. Good luck!!!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

All aboard the loving good player injury carousel

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm just gonna say that if Anibal Beltre beats Chick Wehner in the PM2 cycle my season's dead

Nothing can stop the Animal

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

JFC

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

loving

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

We have another injury on our hands. Chip Steele at the ML level will be sidelined roughly 26 HBD days stemming from his recent misfortune [MCL, strained]. He definitely needs to go on the DL; whether it's the 15-Day or 60-Day depends on how you view your roster's flexibility. We'll let you know if anything changes on the road to recovery. Good luck!!!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

What are people's opinions on the MVP/Cy Young/ROTY candidates

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

So they make a budget category pretty much mandatory, but don't change how much you can add to that budget, or how much money you have available overall? Cool.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

My first ever playoff victory :unsmith:

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Here's the latest on the injury James Page at the ML level suffered [Hamstring, strained/stiff/tight]. He's gonna be out around 16 HBD days and should probably be placed on the 15-Day DL. We'll let you know if anything changes on the road to recovery. Good luck!!!

I loving give up

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Oh well

First winning season, first time making the playoffs :toot:

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

I don't think I'm going to be back after this season, I don't really want to learn all the tricks of the new system.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

nasboat posted:

dude you seriously cannot bail now after putting your team together, especially because you know exactly what's going to happen to your guys if you do (an idiot will trade them)

ugghghghghgh FINE

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Rookie of the Year and a Cy Young :toot:

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

ehhhhhhh yeah okay im coming back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk