Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

looks like I am barely going to have time to do anything in this pre-season so I can't wait to see what garbage I enter the season with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutwig
May 28, 2001

who will be daring enough to roll the dice on The Aramis Hernandez Experience

chutwig
May 28, 2001

when I started my only tradeable asset was Vic Batista and my best pitcher was Carrera Ontiveros, it was a dark time

chutwig
May 28, 2001

i'm assuming my top guy is Aramis Hernandez, probably Alex Hiro and Rudy Shaw are in there as well

chutwig
May 28, 2001

Your Season 31 Buffalo Garden Paths

Goal: to stave off payback on Pat Sweeney's Faustian bargain and finally beat AV for the division so that I can get rolled by Salem or Nawlins in the playoffs

Pitchin'
Startin'
  1. York Maxwell: throws lots of not-awful innings as long as my IF doesn't suck, and was my first-ever player of the week
  2. Marvin High: he's pretty good and I like him
  3. Pat Sweeney: was on track for a great S30 when the screws fell out of his elbow a second time
  4. Livan Guzman: has never quite matched up to his ratings but whatever he can throw a baseball
  5. Hensley Aspromonte: filled in really well for Pat Sweeney last season and is definitely not going to repeat that
Relievin' (in no particular order)
  • Alejandro Alvarez: I was foolishly sentimental and extended him last season instead of probably getting him a bit cheaper this season, but he has given me 3 superb seasons out of the bullpen and so I will pay this collection of bits a little extra fake money to be my top reliever one last time
  • Napoleon Dickinson: signed in the hope he can give me 120 innings out of the pen and an occasional spot start while staying under an ERA of ∞
  • Carl Volstad: more long relief and spot starts
  • Bill Worthington: source of infinite frustration
  • Walter Jackson: totally unremarkable filler from FA
  • Kennie Murphy: Rule V slop 'em
  • Tony Torres: more Rule V slop 'em

Hittin'
Startin'

Benchwarmin'

chutwig
May 28, 2001

if he OPS's .943 again, he can play shortstop for all i care

chutwig
May 28, 2001

things sure escalated quickly in that game

chutwig
May 28, 2001

Pat Sweeney sends his condolences

chutwig
May 28, 2001

i am 30-19 and cannot pull away from the rest of this god drat division, outlier pythags don't matter as much as healthy competition within the divisions AND THERE IS WAY TOO MUCH OF THAT IN THE NL EAST RIGHT NOW GOD DAMMIT

chutwig
May 28, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

Get well soon, Al Duchscherer

you've had your time in the sun, let somebody else (me) ascend now

chutwig
May 28, 2001

my team sucks and can't get out of their own way, that is all

chutwig
May 28, 2001

4 of my last 5 losses have been by 1 run, this game is the worst

chutwig
May 28, 2001

man I miss the days when Pat Sweeney wasn't getting the 2009 Cole Hamels treatment

EDIT: also Marvin High

chutwig
May 28, 2001

this drat game really hates poor Pat Sweeney

chutwig
May 28, 2001

congratulations York Maxwell on his first career save, even though it came in the ASG

chutwig
May 28, 2001

at the downward plummet my team is going there won't be october baseball in Buffalo

chutwig
May 28, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

Who needs Al Duchscherer?

It's me. I do. :(

abloo bloo bloo you've won like 20 out of the last 30 to climb back into a commanding lead in the division

chutwig
May 28, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

I'm not allowed to be sad that my favorite HBD player is injured and probably permanently deflated independent of my team's performance?

you are not

all pitchers must die

chutwig
May 28, 2001

and as gardenald predicted, b-jax has come into his just reward

chutwig
May 28, 2001

Marvelous Marvin or Silver Hammer Maxwell will be up for their turn with the reaper shortly

chutwig
May 28, 2001

lose a game or two AV ffs

chutwig
May 28, 2001

AV's 15 game win streak is just absurd at this point

chutwig
May 28, 2001

our long national nightmare is finally over

chutwig
May 28, 2001

i like 2-hitting Salem through 9 innings and then losing in extras, feels good man

chutwig
May 28, 2001

hopefully i get my hack at putting up some crooked numbers before it gets fixed

chutwig
May 28, 2001

how bad can i make my lineup and still win games, if AV loses every game from here on out and i win every game i can still get top seed instead of a lower seed than a bunch of teams with worse records :mad:

chutwig
May 28, 2001

gardenald posted:

Officially the winningest season in franchise history :toot:

i am 3 games above the high water mark i set last season with 6 games to go and i am hopeful to hit 100

possible 100-game winning team relegated to the loving wild card spot ftge

chutwig
May 28, 2001

cashing it in, rolling out total garbage time lineups

chutwig
May 28, 2001

i agree that players need to be more unpredictable and i hope in particular that the DITR changes actually make DITR worth a poo poo

ANYWAY having lost my last 6 games to wrap up the season by rolling out garbage lineups and Napoleon Dickinson to get pummeled in what is probably his last ML appearance, i am ready as fvck for the playoffs

chutwig
May 28, 2001

not dead yet! (but will be soon)

chutwig
May 28, 2001

NOT DEAD YET

YET

chutwig
May 28, 2001

i'm about to get knocked out of the playoffs in the wild card round again after 8 frustrating seasons of crap but hey hey hey it's okay it's just a game

chutwig
May 28, 2001

drat

chutwig
May 28, 2001

didn't kill you fast enough imo

chutwig
May 28, 2001

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Everyone please let me re-sign Mac Yerkes to a one-year deal this offseason so he can hit his 500th HR and then I will flip him to you

idk i'm weighing hanging onto him

chutwig
May 28, 2001

Devo posted:

Mac Yerkes is the best

You silly NL people with no DH should let me sign him for cheap next season

i've been playing him in the field for 2 seasons and have only gotten burned a little bit, and the near-MVP performance he gave me in S30 has endeared him to me

chutwig
May 28, 2001

sure is fun when the same people win year after year after year, i'm pretty sure i'm in the same boat as the others above

chutwig
May 28, 2001

i don't think you're entitled to that criticism since you've known exactly one season in Dimaggio in which Cleveland didn't at least make the playoffs and 1 season in the last 6 in which you didn't actually play in the WS

the point that you are apparently missing is it's not actually fun to be stood up as bowling pins for you, Jeff, scrotos, and gyroball over and over again

chutwig
May 28, 2001

I reupped because apparently I have 3 more seasons to kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutwig
May 28, 2001

the rapidly accelerating death of the scalawag Erick Duran

• Locked thread