Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

that's the same poo poo it was pulling with Crion too, not reflecting his log-ins on the standings page for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Atheistdeals.com posted:

-Five straight 110+ win seasons couldn't do it, but finally nasboat stopped choking and took home the hardware! Good job Art.

:woop:

so glad i can look at this and not hate it nearly as much as I used to

this was also basically Bo Chamberlain's death sentence

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

:toot:

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

Lol how was there so little interest in Glenallen Brinkley that jeff got him at ask?

I was at 2/13.5 and bailed when that didn't lead because I needed to shift elsewhere

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

I currently have 16 people on my ML roster and only a few prospects. This is how to tank in style.

Do you realize how much people dislike you in this world

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Atheistdeals.com posted:

Props to davewillie for leaving Charles Forbes and other useful players unprotected.

I blame TMB for allowing him to come back :(

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I see him but he won't make it to me obviously

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

paul donovan can choke on a fuckin' bottle cap, that fuckin' son of a gently caress

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

paul donovan is a son of a bitch

worst drat salesman in the office

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Devo posted:

Paul Donovan hit .322/.383/.533 for me one season

paul donovan should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

look who still has Eddie Liverman anyway :(

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Because I was curious, had free time and you brought it up, here's what came of all of your top 10 draft picks, first season excluded.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15QmtIq3pmjjH_8qpC6B7l-DW6fRelRYdFw4IVuNEfRo/

omfg this is incredible

how has everyone not posted to thank TMB for this greatness

fun game: take a drink every time you see "No ML stats" under a good player

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

You're gonna get really wasted

well I made it a drinking game since that's normally what people do, but I myself will just replace alcohol with weed and it'll be a lot more fun

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

This is gonna be a fun season

do not play Hernandez at 3B and Grace in RF, clearly they need to be swapped

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Don't set a Closer! Leaving Wagner as a SuA will leave him open to being used more and in big spots

what he said. One of the biggest frustrations in HBD is how simmy recommends/people regularly put high DUR/STA guys as closers and limit them to 40-50 innings a year when they could get so much more.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

my S31 report:

my ML team has Hi Person on it now

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Atheistdeals.com posted:

How many times have you traded for the same player? Cause I just realized this is the third time I've acquired Brian Brown. Hopefully he has a OPS above .700 this time.

Louie Howard x3
Dennis Chong x3

Hi Person x2
Don Cole x2
Osvaldo Mateo x2
Al Reyes x2
Tom Haley x2
Ewell Swann x2
Dee Bryant x2
Matty Seaton x2
Tim Thomas x2
Scooter Dillon x2
Johnny Simpson x2
Edward Brothers x2 (lmao WHAT?)
Sammy Tapies x2
Bill Bannister x2
Hamish Weinhardt x2
Graham Hogan x2
Davey Alvarez x2
Max Beltre x2
Julio Moraga x2
Willie Cox x2
Derrin Montgomery x2
Heinie Moore x2
Wally Sheets x2
Patrick Kane x2
Bo Hall x2
Wally Leary x2
Diego Fernandez x2
Clete Darr x2
Happy Simas x2
Sidney Sisco x2 (lol)

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I would like to look into trading Erick Duran if anyone is interested

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

duyarvish posted:

I traded for a player from Art and now he sucks so it's safe to say I'm the worst HBD player ever

impossible, art is the worst HBD player ever

also davewillie still exists

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Scrotos posted:

All this does is make me like the never skip a starter plan that Nasboat and I adhere too.

5 SPs for the regular season, 2 of them who never have to pitch in a meaningful post-season game

works like a charm

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

I've been leading on Conseco for almost 4 whole days. Not sure what he's waiting on.

the sweet release of death

maybe he's hoping WIS will cease to exist if he holds out long enough

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

gardenald posted:

He just doesn't want to be traded to nasboat in three seasons

any fake player should be happy to play for such a well-run organization as mine

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Godspeed, Erick Duran. You helped kill Art's rebuild and won a WS with me, so I'll love you forever.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Devo posted:

Depends if Duran keeps declining in-season or if that spring training thing was a one time blip this season

My assumption is he won't lose much of anything else this year, then will take more frequent hits starting next season, which is how it happened with Mendoza.

With his skill set, he should still be good for the next 2-3 seasons, and with Buffalo looking to make a run with Cleveland vulnerable and all his guys up, I think it makes sense for both sides.

Also the sleeper part of this is Duvall, who gives them a legit bullpen workhorse and a clear upgrade over Bill Worthington.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ThatsMyBoye posted:

FI/GL below 20, STR/ACC in the 60s

it's generally thought a better idea to stick your DH types in RF instead of 1B because RF sees less plays in general and DHs generally have strong arms which is enough to mitigate some of the poor plays and errors.

at least I think that's the basic gist of it. DHs at 1B are minus-play machines, as I recall (not to mention the low glove and errors).

e: sometimes I wonder if they've tweaked the game since we started with that idea, because I just looked at Zack Padden from my Regular Joes team, and he's had a number of minus plays in RF in addition to roughly a .950 FPCT. However, I won two WS with him playing RF so it didn't hurt me that much.

nasboat fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 19, 2015

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

we've got a few openings in Zimmer -- merged world, entering season 4 right now -- so if anyone would be interested in getting in on a young world, let me know

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

nasboat posted:

we've got a few openings in Zimmer -- merged world, entering season 4 right now -- so if anyone would be interested in getting in on a young world, let me know

JOIN US DAMNIT

LOOK AT THIS AWESOME PROSPECT WHO'S ON AN OPEN TEAM

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Devo posted:

Now Eugene will never be a Primetimer :(

yeah, an actual good owner can have him if I can get someone cool to take the team!

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

we are down to 4 spots in Zimmer

Y'ALL SHOULD JOIN AND STAY

if it gets down to just one or two spots remaining, maybe I can GC someone their first season. but I probably don't need to go that route with 4 openings

nasboat fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 24, 2015

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

god damnit

how the hell do you break your arm while striking out Ernie Mantei

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

not gonna lie, this makes me a little sad every time I see it

then I look at this and feel a bit better, at least

gardenald posted:

Would a couple of you aholes get in here already so we can start the drat season

I'm so spoiled by our quick dimaggio rollovers

no poo poo, LET'S GO PEOPLE, ONLY 3 SPOTS OPEN AND MAYBE DOWN TO 1 IF THE TWO LAZY PUBBIES THAT ASKED FOR THE PASSWORD ACTUALLY JOIN

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

tatankatonk posted:

What the gently caress did you idiots in the AL do?? You let Scrotos build an insane monster team!!!

is this news? He's been building it for like 7 seasons now! Maybe longer!

Also blame Art (as usual). Same with gardenald's team on that part, actually. And mine. Blame Art for all of it.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

gardenald posted:

Also I haven't traded with scrotos since s18 so you can't pin his superteam on me

didn't mean to imply that, meant that Art was key in building all superteams

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

The broken bones posted:

Funny thing about this, even though I didn't drop any in spending, Roundtree isn't in my draft pool. WIS is protecting y'all.

even with 20m scouting in both HS and college, there's a chance you could not see a top prospect (or even more than one top prospect), it's kind of dumb but basically paying for more scouting just increases the chances of you seeing someone

I've gotten burned on multiple occasions with this, most notably in S15 when I had 11/11 scouting (not great but not awful) and only saw 3 of the top 15 guys drafted. :(

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

We need 2 more in Zimmer, please help us out

pawwwwwwwl

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

Wonder what made uublog stop giving a poo poo

he hasn't tweeted in two months and basically disappeared and quit on HBD so I assume he's just got real life poo poo going on.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

yall come join Zimmer where your pitchers won't die probably

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

paul why are you not on twitter anymore

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004