Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

I win arb cases all the time in all the worlds I'm in, you just have to set your sights lower. (I'd estimate my success rate at 40-45%) The savings are never huge but I've won 4 out of 6 before and it ended up being almost $1.5m extra.

Also there's nothing new about automatically offering players arbitration if you don't get to it in time. It says it in the description and I got burned on that early on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Welcome back, Humberto :)

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

e: eh not worth it.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

nasboat posted:

Wally Leary x2

I like that you managed to trade for Wally twice even though he's been in Portland for the last 13 seasons.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

duyarvish posted:

I'm honestly tempted to do it but I really still suck at this

Do it. Feed the addiction. I'm up to four teams and I regret nothing.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

All Pitchers Must Die

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

This team has no business leading a division.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Wally :(

All Pitchers Must Die

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

So should we do some In Memorium montage for all the pitchers that lost their arms this year?

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

AlleyViper posted:

Okay, seriously, gently caress this Juan Santayana bullshit

He more or less put me out of the playoffs 2-3 years running so that's a sentiment I can get behind.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Who knew one non-Art clown owner could have such an impact from the grave.

RIP uublog. You were a jerk and a bad owner.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

I'll be back just haven't had a chance to add a season.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Those Jerks At WIS posted:

We have another update planned within the next month that will introduce different player development and injury recovery patterns.

Too late to save Wally, you bastards. How many pitchers had to die??

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Get out of my state.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

ArtVandelay posted:

I can't, its too beautiful :(

Ok you can stay. But you have to live in Plano.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Al Gutierrez, the Lich King, finally fell of a cliff and is going to get shelled this season.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

EvilBeard posted:

Who's more infamous than Mark Cobb?

uublog

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

It's a relief pitcher, the guy has loads of seasons under his belt even if he's not very good, and the pieces he got back are useful/interesting. I'm not sure it's one to get too worked up over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Scrotos posted:

Its not the value, its the concept. I get he has lots of seasons, but he clearly does not know what he is doing.

I don't think I quite follow. Value and the concept are inextricably linked, I don't think the guy got pilfered in a way that's particularly upsetting or malicious. And how are we supposed to hand hold an owner with that many seasons? He's not going to suddenly reach out for advice and it's not like he is communicating with anyone. These trade "robberies" have a tendency to spiral and I feel like this isn't the one to trigger it.

• Locked thread