Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how do we wanna do
keep it swiss
shake it up w/ leagues
View Results

• Locked thread
jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
I'm in! I say keep it swiss. following tdome1, having missed out on entering, some people appear chronically unavailable. If you do a league where you do 1-2-3 matches a week, it won't make those people less chronically unavailable. It just means everyone passes them for the first couple weeks then you arrive at week 4 or 5 or whatever, and suddenly 20 people need to play the same 4 people and then you have to drop those 4 and thats probably the end of the season going into playoffs. Just make a rule in the swiss that if you miss one weeks matches is fine, two you put up a poll and vote to keep/drop the person, (if they don't voluntarily drop) three and they're auto-dropped.

Hopefully we can avoid this in the next Thunderdome!

LordSaturn posted:

If Pontius Pilate doesn't show up and ask for an extension before the deadline, please consider dropping him. Keeping these guys in the bracket is just dumping byes into the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Lonely Bridge posted:

I'll play the poo poo out of some mono blue belcher

how does it feel to be a horrible person.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
http://vintagesuperleague.com/

Decklists

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 24, 2015

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

suicidesteve posted:

I don't see most of them keeping their decks for week 2. I know Rich was trying to brew something new - I'm not sure if he ever found something he was happy with.

In the VSL they bring 3 decks submitted before it starts. They use one for 3 weeks, then another for 3, then another for the last 3. Then for the finals this time they will bring 3 decks, and have to use them sequentially in best of 5 matches. After match 3 they may freely choose any deck.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Starving Autist posted:

Im down, though my experience with vintage pretty much starts with watching VSL and ends with minimal dabbling on MTGO (I have no idea what I'm doing).

I only watch the VSL. I know two things. 1. whomever play blue belcher is a dick. 2. I won't be that guy.

• Locked thread