Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

We are over 2/3rds of the way there! It is time to knuckle down and finish Xenoblade Chronicles!

For those of you who are new, Xenoblade Chronicles is a JRPG released a couple of years ago by Monolith Studios, the guys who made the Xenosaga games. Despite sharing the Xeno- suffix it has nothing to do with them and everything to do with being a kick rear end crazy game.

The world is the body of a giant, humanoid titan known as the Bionis. The story is the fight for survival of the many creatures who live on it, besieged by mechanical inhabitants of the Bionis' nemesis - the titan Mechonis. There is only one weapon capable of damaging these invaders and only one man capable of wielding it. But as we progress we find out there is much more to this sword, and it's wielder, than their ability to cut down foes.

Update 1-1 features the games full introduction cutscenes and will let you know pretty quick if the story is your kindof thing.

Alternatively, this is all you need:

The game includes likable 3-dimensional protagonists, interesting and unpredictable twists, great interpersonal moments and so much more.

For those returning, here's the latest update!

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Mar 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Mar 19, 2015

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Hold

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
Hah, good stuff.

Shame to end after that -most amazing- level inside the Mechonis, after all.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Just a heads-uo. Most of these youtube links are broken.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Revelations 3-3 to Mechanical 4-1 have an extra 'https/' in the youtube links. Everything else is fine.

But oh boy, more Reyn Time and Sneaky Riki! :bubblewoop:

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I'm on it!

Wouldn't be me if I didn't gently caress it up straight away :D

Edit: I hope you don't mind the fact I immediately stolen that and put it in the op!

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 24, 2015

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Good heavens!

Welcome back. :buddy:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Welcome back. :buddy:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I'm hoping that, through some miracle, you finish this right before the 3DS version comes out.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Sweet, I just finished marathoning this lp last week and I was really hoping it would start up again before the New 3ds release. This game seems awesome, but I'm not ready to bite the bullet and pay 60 bucks and have to track it down at a gamestop (I looked it up on gamestop's website, there's only one store that carries it in my entire state and there's no guarantee it'll be there if I show up) when it'll be coming out in much higher volume in a few months.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Hey, looking forward to wrapping up those character-writeups , since I think you get the rest of Fiora's arts fairly soon.

Also I'm really looking forward to the release of the 3DS version, since a lot of people will be playing it only knowing Shulk from Smash Bros.

:v: Heh, "I'm really feeling it". This Reyn guy is stealing Shulk time! What a bunch of jokers!
:black101: I'LL KILL YOU!!
:stare:....

e: \/\/ Same, I apparently come from some bizarro universe where people are stoked as hell over Shulk's inclusion and couldn't care less about Megaman's.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 25, 2015

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

ManlyGrunting posted:

Also I'm really looking forward to the release of the 3DS version, since a lot of people will be playing it only knowing Shulk from Smash Bros.

I can't stop being giddy that they included him the SB lineup. While the 3DS version is unlikely to bust any sales records, there's a good chance that it'll be enough to ensure this game gets more of the recognition it deserves.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I was just thinking about this LP today. Glad to see you back at it again (again).

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
I bought this game because of the first iteration of this thread. Still hype as heck about seeing it played out by a PROFESSIONAL LPer. Thanks, Lethe!

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Happy to see this is back. This game('s announcement that it's coming to the New 3DS XL) is the big reason I got one soon as I can. Also for Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter, but also for Xenoblade!

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Oh screw all of you getting the New 3DS to play this on. I can't afford one. I'm buying a Wii U to play the sequel on instead :D

Playing Sharla is really, really dull. I will be so glad to be out of this area and not be running round as her.

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 25, 2015

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

DOUBLE POST BRINGING THE SUNSHINE

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lethemonster posted:

DOUBLE POST BRINGING THE SUNSHINE

Since you asked for feedback in the video description, your audio's a little quiet compared to the game's, but it's not inaudible.

Still, this is one of the things I love about Xenoblade from Mechonis Field onward, it steps hard on the accelerator and doesn't let up til the ending.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yup.
That sure is some costume design.

Par for the xenocourse I guess.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yup.
That sure is some costume design.

Par for the xenocourse I guess.

I realize it's a JRPG, but I'm still :psylon: at Vanea's design.

I do like that Zanza's still a thing though, I liked that giant the moment he was introduced.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Aside from the 'par for the xenocourse' bits I like Vanea's design. It somewhat parallel's Egils to show they're related though I'm wondering about the giant cords that come out of her 'hair.' Mechonis people are weird :psylon:

Also it seems there is a Monado more truer and powerful than Zanza's Monado. Monado's all the way down people.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Apart from Fiora, the Faces have retained their same voices from when they were purely human. So, does that mean Xord was running around Colony 9 bellowing like a Warhammer 40K ork? Unless he never interacted with the rest of the colony, I'd have to imagine Shulk or Reyn would have recognized a voice so wonderfully distinctive.

fixelbrumpf
May 26, 2001

Great to see this back. I'm also super pumped up for the N3DS re-release even though I will never have the time to play this seriously. But still, given that the original game already gave me vertigo with its expansive environments, seeing all this in 3D is going to make me throw up -- in a good way!

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Glad I noticed the new thread---been an excellent LP thus far and great to see the adventure continuing.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ajkalan posted:

Apart from Fiora, the Faces have retained their same voices from when they were purely human. So, does that mean Xord was running around Colony 9 bellowing like a Warhammer 40K ork? Unless he never interacted with the rest of the colony, I'd have to imagine Shulk or Reyn would have recognized a voice so wonderfully distinctive.

Shulk seemed like a bit of a shut in. Reyn, on the other hand...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well yeah one of the sidequests has ypu meet his daughter and she mentions him being a blacksmith.

I think hes also one of the very first faces as well so instability is probably expected.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

EponymousMrYar posted:

Aside from the 'par for the xenocourse' bits I like Vanea's design. It somewhat parallel's Egils to show they're related though I'm wondering about the giant cords that come out of her 'hair.' Mechonis people are weird :psylon:

Also it seems there is a Monado more truer and powerful than Zanza's Monado. Monado's all the way down people.

It seems like a "true Monado" fits the user and nothing more than that. At least that's what it seems to hint at.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Glad to see the thread back again, how far are we from the end of the game?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Heh.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Glad to see the thread back again, how far are we from the end of the game?

Like... the distance you are from Jupiter.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lethemonster posted:

Like... the distance you are from Jupiter.

So you do us a biggie and open up the pod bay doors, Le?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Xenoblade has a truckload of false climaxes, and the thing about them is... they all work :aaaaa:. What a concept eh? Each new twist just ramps things up even more and makes you want to push that much harder to get to the real end.

You'll know when the true ending is upon us because there will literally come a point where things cannot get any more batshit than that, and this time around Monolith had the good sense to bow out right there. It's gonna be great.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

nine-gear crow posted:

Xenoblade has a truckload of false climaxes, and the thing about them is... they all work :aaaaa:. What a concept eh? Each new twist just ramps things up even more and makes you want to push that much harder to get to the real end.

You'll know when the true ending is upon us because there will literally come a point where things cannot get any more batshit than that, and this time around Monolith had the good sense to bow out right there. It's gonna be great.

Until Xenoblade Chronicles X... Actually I'd ask if the ending of this game has ANYTHING that'd hint to an actual sequel but I kinda want to find out with this LP.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Zain posted:

Until Xenoblade Chronicles X... Actually I'd ask if the ending of this game has ANYTHING that'd hint to an actual sequel but I kinda want to find out with this LP.

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler but (Regarding Xenoblade X) Xenoblade X has jack poo poo to do with Xenoblade Chronicles Canonically as far as we know, think of it as a sequel like Final fantasy

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

bman in 2288 posted:

So you do us a biggie and open up the pod bay doors, Le?

Ricki afraid he no can do that for you, Davey

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Whoa, whoa how did I not notice this had started up again?! I was just wondering where this LP had got to, with the 3DS release of Xenoblade right around the corner!

I'll be getting it, of course, even though I logged some ridiculous number of hours on the Wii one already. Don't care. It is Reyn time! I even have my Shulk Amiibo all ready to go!

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!
I started playing Xenoblade for the first time a couple weeks ago, so this chill LP should be wonderful to play along with.

Oh, and in the video, Sharla was getting stuck in place because of her Drive Boost aura. It reduces cooldowns, but also immobilizes her (and stops her auto attacks). Sharla rarely needs the mobility, so it's easy to forget it even has a drawback... well, until you play as her and try to escape from a fight.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

RIP in peace everyone's ears.

My microphone hates all of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Yep, just what I like to see: Dickson wrecking face and square-tache being... well... square-tache.

Also, I didn't notice it while I was playing this section but yow, you're right. The padding is pretty blatant. I guess I just took everything at face value at the time, just ran around smashing Mechon... You're right. Mash tasty.

• Locked thread