Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I must have been in some sort of autopilot when I did that, because I didn't remember all this tediousness. What I do remember is messing around with these sideways escalators. You can have some fun with inertia.
Oh, and I remember that the upcomming set of sidequest is so ridiculously boring. that I didn'r do a lot of them even though I did eveything else.

This is probably the low point, gameplay wise. But I guess they have to justify that the Mechonis has the same size as the Bionis. It wouldn't make a lot of sense, if it was compressed int a few rooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Air is lava! posted:

I must have been in some sort of autopilot when I did that, because I didn't remember all this tediousness. What I do remember is messing around with these sideways escalators. You can have some fun with inertia.
Oh, and I remember that the upcoming set of sidequests is so ridiculously boring. that I didn't do a lot of them even though I did everything else.

This is probably the low point, gameplay wise. But I guess they have to justify that the Mechonis has the same size as the Bionis. It wouldn't make a lot of sense, if it was compressed int a few rooms.

I actually like the Mechonis ascent. There's a nice variance of pacing with the rush down Valak Mountain/Sword Valley, the low-tension break in Fallen Arm, and the charge to Agniratha. There's a satisfaction in climbing something the size of Bionis in a fraction of the time, and the design nails the concept of an insurmountable war effort that's falling apart because no one is around to maintain it. This might just be because I went through the area underleveled so the combat was still a challenge, though.

I have no defense for the next area. It looks pretty but it has the worst set of sidequests in the game.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

This has no commentary because it's a very plot heavy section and only has a minute of so of non-cutscene.

Enjoy!

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I like how Shulk and co. have an "Are we the baddies?" moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I love how ridiculous everyone's outfits look. :D

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Silver Falcon posted:

I love how ridiculous everyone's outfits look. :D
Like, I know we just had a huge plot dump on us and things are getting serious, but I just look at everyone wearing all this heavy and/or elaborate stuff and then there's Melia ready to hit the beach, like she got the wrong memo for the dress code or something.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
So now folks who have a New 3DS XL can experience Reyn Time in real time by getting Xenoblade Chronicles 3D today. I know I am. :toot:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I like that Reyn is at 9999 HP, even though there isn't a HP-cap.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Air is lava! posted:

I like that Reyn is at 9999 HP, even though there isn't a HP-cap.

I'm pretty sure players do in fact have an HP cap of 9999.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Huh, I guess I was wrong. I really had some memory of someone with about 20k HP.
Why are you at the HP-cap already?

Spielmeister
Mar 31, 2014
I think the Reyn in my save file had just under 9999 with no HP Plus equipped at Level 99. The HP gains in this game are pretty front-loaded if I remember right, so with a powerful enough HP Plus gem equipped Reyn could easily have 9999 at this point.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I think he may have a 20% HP plus gem plugged into a hole somewhere atm.

I went on an unexpected sudden holiday - which is not related to 'going to live on a farm' no matter how it sounds.

I've got some heart to hearts to fight into SS updates for you guys, and hopefully tomorrow I will distract my housemate with a line of food leading to a box trap which he will be trapped in long enough for me to play some Xenoblade instead of Bloodborne. It's not sophisticated but it just might work.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

tlarn posted:

So now folks who have a New 3DS XL can experience Reyn Time in real time by getting Xenoblade Chronicles 3D today. I know I am. :toot:

I've been enjoying the hell out of some handheld Xenoblade. :D It's great.

Also Lethe make sure you use some Cadbury chocolate for bait. No one could resist that!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Ive been playing this game and I really can't get enough of Riki and Reyn. They are the best characters.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Yay Riki!

The camera for that pic totally should have been focused on him.

:3:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

thetoughestbean posted:

Ive been playing this game and I really can't get enough of Riki and Reyn. They are the best characters.

Heropon verycool! :peanut:

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

OH GOD IVE LOST EVERYTHING

THIS IS NOT A DRILL THIS IS loving ANNOYING ARGH

OK OK the cute concept art helps.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
When you say lost everything. Do you mean your recordings?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I hope that doesn't mean save files. :/

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Heropon very cool?

Hopefully you'll find some way to recover besides "play the whole drat game again back up to the point where you lost stuff". Depends on if you lost earlier saves or "just" recordings.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Vil posted:

Hopefully you'll find some way to recover besides "play the whole drat game again back up to the point where you lost stuff". Depends on if you lost earlier saves or "just" recordings.

Large chunks of the LP are missing?

This can only be resolved in true Xeno* style.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Microcline posted:

Large chunks of the LP are missing?

This can only be resolved in true Xeno* style.

We've come full circle.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Looks like I have to play the game again.

I'm just going to sit really far away from the screen and pretend its the 3DS version so it feels novel and fun again.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
OMG! That's gotta be horrible :(

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

loving christ, it hurts so good.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Certainly there's a save file online you could download around the place you left off?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Lethemonster posted:

Looks like I have to play the game again.

I'm just going to sit really far away from the screen and pretend its the 3DS version so it feels novel and fun again.

Are save files locked? GameFAQs have a few, and between the New Game+ ones there are some that are located during the main plot.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ometeotl posted:

Certainly there's a save file online you could download around the place you left off?
There seem to be some save files up here, though I haven't checked to see if they're still available or whatever.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I found some!
http://www.mediafire.com/?9jdbd1xwmi6gw
Thanks to some poster on Gamefaqs.

the guy has saves from the beginning right up to the end, including postgame.
Now you need to download both files as they are Dolphin saves and the tools are there for conversion to the wii's savetype.

Absolutely no idea about the state of sidequests though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You don't need special tools to convert back to what the Wii can recognize, you can do it straight in Dolphin so long as you have the game on your Dolphin library, I think.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

For those following this fine LP and not the Xenoblade Chronicles X thread in Games:

A Direct/Treehouse Stream has been announced for this game for Friday 11am Pacific/2pm Eastern.

Personally, I'm hoping to hear some of the English voice-acting... even though I know it won't be British like in this game and I will be massively disappointed...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really like the VA in this game and am prepared to be very disappointed in the change to American actors. Sometimes I need a break from the Spot the Steve Blum Character sub game that comes packaged in with everything.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
So would you like me to do the Seven/updated Shulk how to play thingy?

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 24, 2015

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
If there's one character in the new Xenoblade that makes up for it by putting on their thickest brogue, I'll be happy.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Aww yesss I found my hard drive. Back to our biannual update schedule

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I didn't think you meant lost in a literal sense. How does that even happen?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This is definitely a Xenoseries, but I do like that the corner has been turned on the tragedies of old through very little effort of our own. Not that the homestretch looks easy.

...do we have any clue why the Bionis started attacking in the first place? Was that explained before?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Air is lava! posted:

I didn't think you meant lost in a literal sense. How does that even happen?
Gambled it away in a high-stakes game of Battleship.

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009

Is that shulk on the right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Gambled it away in a high-stakes game of Battleship.

I think you mean noughts and crosses

Gahmah posted:

Is that shulk on the right?

Your guess is as good as ours.

Don't guess. Don't look to close.

• Locked thread