Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Air is lava! posted:

I must have been in some sort of autopilot when I did that, because I didn't remember all this tediousness. What I do remember is messing around with these sideways escalators. You can have some fun with inertia.
Oh, and I remember that the upcoming set of sidequests is so ridiculously boring. that I didn't do a lot of them even though I did everything else.

This is probably the low point, gameplay wise. But I guess they have to justify that the Mechonis has the same size as the Bionis. It wouldn't make a lot of sense, if it was compressed int a few rooms.

I actually like the Mechonis ascent. There's a nice variance of pacing with the rush down Valak Mountain/Sword Valley, the low-tension break in Fallen Arm, and the charge to Agniratha. There's a satisfaction in climbing something the size of Bionis in a fraction of the time, and the design nails the concept of an insurmountable war effort that's falling apart because no one is around to maintain it. This might just be because I went through the area underleveled so the combat was still a challenge, though.

I have no defense for the next area. It looks pretty but it has the worst set of sidequests in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Vil posted:

Hopefully you'll find some way to recover besides "play the whole drat game again back up to the point where you lost stuff". Depends on if you lost earlier saves or "just" recordings.

Large chunks of the LP are missing?

This can only be resolved in true Xeno* style.

• Locked thread