Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i didnt watch the apple thing, i didnt read this thread either. anything cool happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

PleasureKevin posted:

i'm a little confused about he new Macbook trackpad.
"With the Force Touch trackpad, force sensors detect your click anywhere on the surface and move the trackpad laterally toward you"

So sounds like it doesn't "move" per se, when you push on it enough it vibrates to make you feel as if you moved it

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
8GB* storage on the watch

*only 2GB of music and 75mb of pics allowed lol

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Raged posted:

why do you need to store things on your Applewatch if you're pairing it with your 128gb iphone 6???

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Raged posted:

and its not a good email machine

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I still can scarcely believe that they showed off reading emails on your loving watch

Like, this is the grand plan they have for the device, a way to read emails that's even more fiddly and inconvenient than the previous way they invented!

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ultramiraculous posted:

apple gives bonuses for shipping hardware

apple does not give bonuses for shipping software

makes u think

is this true

Raged posted:

this is basically as i predicted (apple analyst over here). it's the same as the Apple TV.

yeah it will store whatever you're doing with it right now, plus your screen saver pics. then in addition to what the Appl TV stores, it will have some of your chat history and contacts, etc.

still no one can explain what the music is for

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Hey remember how Apple thoroughly solved reading and replying to emails on your iPhone. Good to see them branching out into new and exciting ways to read emails now that no one has any complaints with mail.app

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Elder Postsman posted:

why do you need to store things on your Applewatch if you're pairing it with your 128gb iphone 6???

where else are you going to be able to see pics of penises smaller that yours

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Raged posted:

i like this burn conceptually but it doesnt make a lot of sense in this context my friend

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lol 75mb of pics is only like 15-20 pics taken with an iphone

hope you got photo stream turned off

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Linguica posted:

Hey remember how Apple thoroughly solved reading and replying to emails on your iPhone. Good to see them branching out into new and exciting ways to read emails now that no one has any complaints with mail.app

i really unironically hate being reachable 24/7

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Raged posted:

smythes chome videos

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Beeftweeter posted:

lol 75mb of pics is only like 15-20 pics taken with an iphone

hope you got photo stream turned off

Why would full size photos be sent by the phone to the watch?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

PleasureKevin posted:

is this true

i'm told so, yes. they gave shipping bonuses for software basically up until they stopped charging for osx.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
apple is the stingiest company

pram
Jun 10, 2001

ultramiraculous posted:

i'm told so, yes. they gave shipping bonuses for software basically up until they stopped charging for osx.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

Why would full size photos be sent by the phone to the watch?

maybe not completely full size but zooming into a 390x312 (at best) image is going to look loving horrible so its definitely not going to be storing them at that res

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

the real question is why would you want to look at photos on something the size of a postage stamp

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
the MacBook Heir

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
applewatch more like shittywatch lmao

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Beeftweeter posted:

the real question is why would you want to look at photos on something the size of a postage stamp
and yet they specifically showed off the ~~~instagram~~~~ integration

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Beeftweeter posted:

jobs himself unveiled the ipod nano with the ability to display photos on its tiny screen and he hyped the poo poo out of it

i didn't get it then and idon't get it now but they keep bringing it back like its some amazing whizbang innovation

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Beeftweeter posted:

the real question is why would you want to do anything on something the size of a postage stamp

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

THC posted:

jobs himself unveiled the ipod nano with the ability to display photos on its tiny screen and he hyped the poo poo out of it

i didn't get it then and idon't get it now but they keep bringing it back like its some amazing whizbang innovation

i think that was more to show that they were able to package the equivalent of the full size ipod photo into something as small as the nano

the watch is just dumb

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

rot in hell, wonderbread.
why have i known about apple watches for so long even though they don't ship for a month and are poo poo?

has apple ever shown products so far in advance?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Linguica posted:

and yet they specifically showed off the ~~~instagram~~~~ integration

i have no camera but i must post

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Mathhole posted:

why have i known about apple watches for so long even though they don't ship for a month and are poo poo?

steve jobs is dead

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Mathhole posted:

you are extremely susceptible to apples advertising

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Linguica posted:

"With the Force Touch trackpad, force sensors detect your click anywhere on the surface and move the trackpad laterally toward you"

So sounds like it doesn't "move" per se, when you push on it enough it vibrates to make you feel as if you moved it

:-\ that sounds kind of gross tbqh

i mean it might be good because apple has had the best trackpads since forever, but all good things must come to an end??

thinking we're about 4 years away from there literally being no acceptable laptops on the market. just garbage. pcs will be cheaper and shittier than ever and guaranteed to ship with malware, apple will just have glorified ipads with built in keyboards.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
build your own PC

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Beeftweeter posted:

i think that was more to show that they were able to package the equivalent of the full size ipod photo into something as small as the nano

the watch is just dumb

the iPod photo was dumb too

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

the first iphone was an appless turd.

first ipad was a fat tub of slow lard with no pixels

first watch does too little to justify price and seems to have poo poo battery life

but did you see this:

quote:

just wanting to see the time on the display will mean the watch can eke out up to 78 hours of use

18 hours =

quote:

90 time checks, 90 notifications, 45 minutes of app use, and a 30-minute workout with music playback from Apple Watch via Bluetooth

also:

quote:

Audio Playback Test: Up to 6.5 hours
Workout Test (with heart rate sensor): Up to 7 hours

http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/10/heres-more-detail-about-how-long-apples-watch-battery-will-las/

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mathhole posted:

first ipad was a fat tub of slow lard with no pixels

what the gently caress man the first ipad still gets used on an amlost daily basis in this house. its fine. get over yourself and your fuckin lovely eyes and impatience

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

echinopsis posted:

what the gently caress man the first ipad still gets used on an amlost daily basis in this house. its fine. get over yourself and your fuckin lovely eyes and impatience

same, the first ipad was a gift and i enjoy it. i either connect it to the aux on my home theater or watch vids while laying down works just fine.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it's huge and unwieldy and slow as piss and if you don't appreciate a retina display when you see it then it is you who needs to get his lovely eyes checked.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
retina is literally nothing special

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Wootman posted:

retina is literally nothing special

this is absolute bullshit, since the iphone 4 everything has been going towards way higher resolution displays because things that aren't high res look like garbage

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

i will agree that early ipad wasn't total poo poo as it could play netflix and do skype video chat and weighed a lot less than the laptops of the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
i like my ipad air. it is the onyl apple product worth the price & teh onyl apple product that is teh best in its class

• Locked thread