Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
tim ship the normal sized iphone 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

graph posted:

spring... forward??? like setting time ... on a watch?/ :iamafag:

daylight saving time is good & cool

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

DaNzA posted:

I'd rather fall back and sleep for an extra hour

people tend to have more health problems like heart attack during the spring forward when they lose an hour of sleep

how many heart problems would there be from the sun rising at 3am all summer and messing up sleep for weeks

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

I'm excited I love apples

fuji apple supremacy

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

honeycrisp apples are the android of the apple world

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

take the same basic idea but do it worse

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

gently caress

YOU

the truth hurts, doesn't it?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

maniacdevnull posted:

lol

it's still just gold plated right? please let me enjoy further laffs

no it's solid 18k gold

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Hasters posted:

Windows blows, but Gruber is stupid for thinking Apple will be selling Rolexes and not Tags.

gruber tends to be correct and has been writing about apple for a decade and you have an lf avatar soooooo

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

graph posted:

i heard that goldrush apples were good

one of the great parts about living in new york is that often there are test apples at wegmans :yum:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

fujis are great, so are galas, so are honeycrisps

basically any apple but red "delicious" apples. I guess they're ok if you cut the skin off, maybe

they weren't always awful

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/09/the-evil-reign-of-the-red-delicious/379892/

quote:

Apples that turned rosy before they were fully ripe could be picked earlier and stored longer, and skins with more red pigment tended to be thicker, which extended shelf life and hid bruises. But as genes for beauty were favored over those for taste, the skins grew tough and bitter around mushy, sugar-soaked flesh.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

lol

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

gnrk posted:

do soome of you retards really expect a new iphone to be announced in march? have you noticed a pattern over the past eight years regarding when they announce those things?

edit: yeah retards plural

nice slur

computer parts posted:

daylight savings time will now be "daylight savings, sponsored by watch"

daylight saving time is singular not plural

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Peanut and the Gang posted:

That's not going to happen. Not even my tremendously firm abs can deter the thread when it comes flying to Yospos at 30 posts per minute. Unstoppable.

you can actually only post 6 posts per minute because of the 10 second limit

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Nayato posted:

whaaaat is a test apple

exactly what it sounds like, people are making new kinds of apples all the time:

http://www.nyapplecountry.com/varieties/24-rubyfrost-new

http://www.nyapplecountry.com/varieties/25-snapdragon-new

many of them are made right in my backyard:

quote:

In addition to SnapDragon and RubyFrost, Cornell has released 66 apple varieties since the late 1890s, including the popular Cortland, Macoun, Empire and Jonagold.

[ASK] me about apples!! http://www.newenglandapples.org/AppleVarieties-id-37.html

Literally The Worst posted:

i miss test apples at wegmans and living near an orchard so muhc, also wegmans in general, i have to go to harris teeter now and its not the same

:sympathy:

Squinty Applebottom posted:

thats not living in NY thats living in "upstate ny" which might as well be the south

upstate new york is awesome and full of neat regular-sized cities and some cute small towns

Literally The Worst posted:

as someone who moved from syracuse to charlotte in the last year this is not as accurate as you might think

unless you're talking like oswego county because oswego county specifically is the loving dregs of humanity

i've been to oswego and over to chimney bluffs and both seemed nice :shobon:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Nayato posted:

yo this is wild thank you for sharing :o

i didn't know that this was a thing

:tipshat:

apples are great!! it's actually really hard to make new apples because:

quote:

However, like most perennial fruits, apples are ordinarily propagated asexually by grafting. This is because seedling apples are an example of "extreme heterozygotes", in that rather than inheriting DNA from their parents to create a new apple with those characteristics, they are instead significantly different from their parents.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

it's really easy to make new apples because you can plant seeds from any apple and you get apple trees with all new apples

you're right i should be more specific

it's really hard to make new good apples that people want to eat

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

poty posted:

it just blows my mind to think that we are about to leave the era of inaccurate watches behind us

after thousands of years we will finally find out the answer to the question

what time is it really

way to go, einstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Sniep posted:

not exactly everywhere, that was a popular one reused in many metros but not at all universal. the one i had growing up in grand rapids ended in 1212

there's one phone number that reads your own phone number back to you

• Locked thread