Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
You know that it's an Apple thread when everygoon's getting all competitive about how many 5k's they run per week.

Paul Allen posted:

I recall posts on here (and the rest of the internet) about how the 1st gen iPad COULDN'T be less than $1000, it just absolutely couldn't because x, y and z.

I wonder if this will be a similar situation this time around.

Or when everybody went all :monocle: when the rMBP was introduced with a sub-$4k pricetag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

:allears: Oh Timb....

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Wasn't there stuff from way back about how Tim was basically just as crazy as Steve and would routinely expect his top brass to respond to emails at like 3AM that involved running numbers and stuff?

Tim's been long known to be a giant fitness nut who gets up at like 3:30 to exercise so he can start working before, like, 6.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Super Dude posted:

Nope, they just need to change.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, god forbid Apple get pumped and bombastic about legitimately valuable stuff co-developed with the best research hospitals in the country instead of iterative spec bumps like 99% of their keynote stagetime.

E:fb. over and over again.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Does this mean there are gonna be ResearchKit Android Apps?

RETINA AIR!!!!!!! IN COLORS!!! HOT drat!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

LegendaryFrog posted:

Why? That is not a high end processor or specs... It's a bit higher than I would like if anything.

They'll probably drop the price to match the Air as they inevitably phase it out over the next 2 years. Same thing that's happened with the Pros.

• Locked thread