Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Maybe he's (or rather, his sources) throwing out high numbers to manage expectations. $1k doesn't sound so bad if we were all prepared for $5k!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

ZShakespeare posted:

If you want to see some beautiful pieces that integrate technology in a tasteful and artful way, I'm a fan of Richard Hoptroff.

These are really cool. Do you have one of these? Any idea where to get them in the US?

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

ZShakespeare posted:

Unfortunately I don't, but I was struck by them when I first saw one. I'm not in the US, and I don't know of any importers.

I was really excited about it at first, but I downloaded the app and the sports scores functionality is limited to football (not the hand-egg kind). Oh well, I was hoping for baseball scores.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

What I don't understand is, how is any of this Angela's fault when, clearly, the issue is supply-chain related? I can understand people being upset, but this isn't even the right person to be mad at!

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

io_burn posted:

But I genuinely don't understand the connection between that and how this is all her fault. Would it have been somehow better for these idiots to have stayed up all night on the eve of the 24th outside of an Apple Store with everyone who wanted a link bracelet or modern buckle just straight up sent home, and everyone else after the tenth person or so given the bountiful option of a white or blue sport band with a 38mm Apple Watch? I just, gah. I WANT TO UNDERSTAND.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Nice humblebrag fine jewelry haver

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

The only thing that's keeping my phone with me is Spotify. If they can figure out how to store it locally on the watch, I'd be set. Until that happens, I have no need for a standalone GPS watch, though.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

LmaoTheKid posted:

I got fed up with Spotify draining my battery and it's lovely buggy interface and switched to apple music and I have to say, using the music.app thingy on the watch is really nice.

I did a trial for Apple Music and I did enjoy how seamless it was within iOS. I can't say I loved the interface, though that seems to be improved in iOS 10. I ended up switching because I love Spotify's playlists, an area that Apple Music was severely lacking back at launch. I'm the kind of person who needs help finding things to listen to, I don't really make my own playlists. I wish Apple Music did that a little bit better.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Just go for the 42mm and stop worrying about it. Bigger screen is better than.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

rage-saq posted:

Last night I was bored and so I loaded up the IOS10 GM and watchOS3 GM, was a fairly painless experience if you follow the process of getting the public beta profile which lets you load the GM OTA.
watchos3 is quite a bit snappier while a lot of the UI control elements are a lot larger than I think are really necessary they are laid out a bit better which lets everything just kind of flow better.
Debating throwing my SS on craigslist and seeing how cheap a new SS would be...

Is it possible to get the watchOS3GM without a paid developer account? I just installed iOS10 GM via the public beta program, but I'm curious how to get the watchOS.

• Locked thread