Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Finally joined the Apple Watch bandwagon. Ended up trading a bunch of old tech at Best Buy for store credit, so I was able to get a 38mm Series 2 Sport for only about $90 out of pocket.

Really liking it so far - looking forward to playing around with it over the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Taima posted:

More power to you if you prefer the 38mm, but you should think carefully if you would be better served upgrading to the 42mm. The 38mm is just SO small. It's so small, in fact, that Best Buy was fire sale-ing the poo poo out of the 38mm for pennies on the dollar and still couldn't move their units for months (for example, at one point you could get a 38mm gen 1 stainless steel with the $600 link bracelet for $199).

I've had several friends of both sexes start out with the 38, whether for financial reasons or because they assumed as a woman that the 38 was their default size. Every single one either switched to the 42mm or kept the 38 and now regret it.

Also, the Series 2 is really expensive and the main upgrades that it features are exercise related, so you should be aware that you may not need that model unless you are a swimmer or consistently run/hike/etc. such that you would want to track your progress over time.

For most people, the Series 1 will be just as good.

I considered the 42mm, but I have small wrists. One reason why I've rarely worn watches since the nicer ones tend to look too big on me. Looks just right for proportion.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Now that I've had the watch (38mm series 2 sport) since Friday...

- I like the notifications. I used to pull out my phone whenever I got a new email or message to check it. Now it just shows up here.
- Tried my first phone call using the watch, which was neat.
- Having the camera remote function is really cool since I like shooting video with my 7 Plus.
- Battery life is impressive. While I'm fiddling with it more right now, my last charge was Sunday night and I'm still at 30%
- The activity function is really neat. I was using Human on my phone, but this is more accurate. Today I was out on an on-site job and was pleased to finally meet my goals.
- Calendar is really handy. I imported my work calendar, so now I can easily check my schedule.
- The stand reminder sounded dumb at first, but I can get fairly distracted by my work without taking a break. Not a bad idea.
- The watch and band are quite comfortable. I like not having a sweaty wrist after a day of wearing it, plus it doesn't feel odd or anything.

Overall, I'm really satisfied with how useful it is so far, besides being fun.

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 4, 2017

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Wear the watch in the shower so your jerking off counts as exercise

• Locked thread