Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
The stainless steel looks nice but it’s heavier than I prefer, which is what caused me to go with the sport from the get go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

rage-saq posted:

Yeah, I'm sure it is even planned out intentionally.
The person on the call was like 'oh really let me look into this', a few minutes go by and he comes back with 'oh I can waive the activation fee!' and I have to explain that this isn't some exceptional concession I'm asking for, its what was advertised. I'm on hold again.
Wouldn't something like this be eligible for a class action?

I swear I don’t think it’s plan.

Now, if you were to say that the people setting up this crap are incompetent and suck, that I would agree with.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

drat, that sucks. Suppose I'll stick with Jefit.

Unrelated question, if I get an LTE S3, can I enable/disable the LTE plans via ATT whenever I want? Say I want to use it this month, but cut it off for a couple months. Is that possible?

Def possible. Only question is whether st some point carriers will start charging activation fees to try and keep you to leave it on.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Any chance there will be a decent deal on the S3 LTE ver for Black Friday? I haven't tracked the watches on past BFs.

I know Apple usually has lame sales, like a $15 gift card or whatever. Kohl's has some bomb-rear end deals for Kohl's Cash, but it's only for the GPS version, unfortunately. Anywhere I should keep looking? Or is there very little chance of seeing a good deal on a S3 LTE?

Carriers might do a deal with that, if I remember right you have ATT, so keep an eye on their promos as well. Sometimes they’re good, sometimes they’re terrible.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ok people, I’m now allowed to buy the Apple Watch series 3. The question is simple: do I Buy now, or wait to see if there is a Black Friday deal?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah maybe you might save $50 at the most. I'm betting we will see the series 2 for $199 though which is a steal IMO.

Sounds right. I’m upgrading from the series 2, so I won’t benefit from the series 2 discounts.

Basically, I’m either buying from Apple or Verizon. Apple normally offers a gift card for purchases on their stuff for Black Friday, and I’m not sure if Verizon will offer a promo or not.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Yeah I love how it lists the S3 as $329. Which is normal price.

To the dude thinking about waiting, I’m in the same boat. I don’t have an AW and am getting the major itch to just fuckin buy one. I haven’t seen a deal on anything but the GPS version so far. I’m wondering if the LTE is going to see any discount at all.

The only place I can really see having a discount is the carriers. End of the day, Apple probably doesn’t care that much on the $10 a month, but Verizon and ATT do.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I knew I wouldn’t have the patience to hold out. My excuse to myself is I work a double on Black Friday so I won’t be in a mood to hunt around anyway.

Got the 3 at Apple, One phone call to Verizon for activation and it all seems to be working fine. I’ll be trying out the cell part later today and over the next week.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

This is actually a pretty good point, unless Apple gets a cut of it.

Also, I only ever see the sport band version on sale, come to think of it. I think I want a sport loop instead.

I’m a big fan of the sport band. I’ve tried Milanese (off amazon), Nylon, a leather band, and I always tend to go back to the sport band. That being said, since I already had one I got the Nike+ with sport loop just to have a different band, and it’s not bad. It was weird putting on the first time, but I think it’s a little more comfortable than the nylon. I’ll probably switch still use 5e sport band as my primary one, but I’ll switch between them every once and a while.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So trying out the Apple Watch, I just hangouts for my calls and texts, and I’m pretty happy to confirm that hangout messages come through fine when the watch is on LTE and the phone isn’t around. Still isn’t perfect as I can only reply , I can’t start a brand new conversation, but honestly that’s about what I would want.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Series 2 watch for sale.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3839932&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

So what you’re saying is... absolutely worth it?

I got it and would say there’s really no difference. There’s a small logo of Nike on the back of the watch, so if that bothers you don’t get it. The sport loop band for the Nike i think is about the same, but the sport bands are def different.

But yeah, less than 24 hours in and I forgot I had the Nike Verizon anyway.

• Locked thread