Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whelp guess I'm not returning my Apple TV after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Though exclusive to Apple devices doesn't mean that the HBO Now app won't support chrome cast right?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Apple Watch incoming.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Actually nope here's a doctor instead.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah this example app they're showing is actually really cool.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I do get a little annoyed when companies has presentations followed by a video that repeats all the information from the presentation.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

horse mans posted:

that's actually one of the tenets of public speaking

you tell people what you're going to tell them,
you tell them,
then you tell them what you told them

Whoops. I meant to say it should be the other way around. Video first, then expand on the points in a presentation after.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I knew it had to be the case because of the thickness but drat that is almost no key travel at all.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LegendaryFrog posted:

Wait, it just has one usb c-type? So if you are charging the laptop you can't even use a peripheral? Uhh....

Rumors are that the charger block has traditional USB ports built in.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
:siren:THE APPLE LOGO DOES NOT LIGHT UP:siren:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Logikv9 posted:

charge while using HDMI? ha nope.

HDMI? Pssht AirPlay!

(this is actually apples logic)

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think Apple's idea is that you leave it in a safe place charging overnight and don't have to charge it during the day.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

1997 posted:

Anyone else notice the use of San Francisco on the keyboard?

Yes and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
WHAT

That is way, way, way cheaper than I was expecting.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LegendaryFrog posted:

Why? That is not a high end processor or specs... It's a bit higher than I would like if anything.

Overengineered Apple products are generally quite expensive for the first gen.

Speaking of...

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

smackfu posted:

Interested to see if Apple makes first party stuff to plug into that USB C port.

They said that both they and third party manufacturers would be.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Logikv9 posted:

$1299 is too much for something that is a ipad with a trackpad and keyboard.

But it's not an iPad? At all?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is the audio looping for anyone else?

[Edit: nm I had the feed open in another tab and it just decided to start for some reason]

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I keep going back and forth on the Apple Watch. I had a Android Wear device previously when I had an Android phone and I really liked it. I have a Pebble now and it's pretty good, but I miss being able to act on notifications without having to take my phone out--I'm just not sure if I $400 miss actionable notifications.

The fitness functions, which I kinda shrugged off at first, might be the thing that pushes me over to the side of buying the watch. I have a month to think about it, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RVProfootballer posted:

Actually $349 gets you a beautiful, elegant watch that doesn't look at all like a toy

This but unironically: http://www.apple.com/watch/apple-watch-sport/space-gray-aluminum-case-black-sport-band/

Black makes everything better. I also fully expect this configuration to be the first to sell out.

That said if I had more disposable income AND the wife wouldn't kill me I would consider dropping $700 on the steel/milanese combo.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 10, 2015

• Locked thread