Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Super Dude posted:

Nope, they just need to change.

"Nah" is the best response to any and all criticism on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

lelandjs posted:

I do get a little annoyed when companies has presentations followed by a video that repeats all the information from the presentation.

that's actually one of the tenets of public speaking

you tell people what you're going to tell them,
you tell them,
then you tell them what you told them

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: using your watch as a boarding pass TSA is going to loving love that.

people do this all the time with their phones? like, all the time?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

AlternateAccount posted:

Yeah but at the security desk when you're having your ID checked and poo poo, what happens then?

you mean customs? why would they look at your boarding pass?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

how many stores does apple have now? apple store, itunes, mac app store, iphone app store, apple watch store?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

LegendaryFrog posted:

STARTING at $10,000 confirmed! :D

lol

lol

Bottom Liner posted:

FROM $10K go gently caress yourself Tim.

lol

Super Dude posted:

$10k hahahahahha

lol

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

lol if you thought for a second a solid gold watch was going to be less than 10 grand

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

neonnoodle posted:

From Apple: a completely innovative new way for Russian oligarchs to launder money.

agreed, no one should make expensive things

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

you couldn't be a bigger shill if you were literally Tim Cook

i know, it's so shillish for me to expect things made of solid gold to be expensive. that drat reality distortion field

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

lol keep going

um... gold is expensive?? :confused: not sure where the disconnect here. gold is expensive

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Mister Macys posted:

:eyepop:

What the gently caress, is the glass made of a single loving diamond?

The watch body is made of gold. Gold is expensive.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

88h88 posted:

Internet suggests under $1200 per oz. An iphone 4 weighs just under 5oz. A solid gold iphone 4 would cost therefore cost $6000. $10k is some moneyyyyyyyyy.

At this point you're comparing your back of the napkin calculation of a solid block of gold by weight and the cost an actual product with thousands of engineering man hours put into it that also needs to offset the cost of heightened security in its stores; writing, debugging, documenting, releasing, and supporting the WatchKit SDK; packaging, documenting, and supporting the device; training its employees to troubleshoot the device; and fitting factories to machine the device, and the metallurgical work done to make the gold less malleable. And the margin so that the company actually makes money after all that.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

As a piece of anecdata, I wear my S0 24/7 except for when I'm in the shower. It always has charge enough, even for all-night motion and heart rate tracking with the Pillow app.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

So there's no way to get a stainless steel S3 without the cellular chip? I really don't give a poo poo about being Dick Tracy or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

I just don’t understand the rationale.

• Locked thread