Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yea the dream is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New keyboard switch, more excited about this than I should be.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Click is dead.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Fan is dead.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Batteries look like a rice field.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
9 hours web browsing. Not as impressive as I was hoping.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

illcendiary posted:

Looks like the Apple logo is metallic and doesn't light up anymore.

Good

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

LegendaryFrog posted:

I was hoping for something life changing with the previous diagrams of how stuffed to the rim with batteries it was. That figure seems about on par with typical haswell ultrabook improvements. What's costing that extra power?

It's less the power draw and more the small battries in order to hit price, weight, and size targets.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Three Olives posted:

Did we already forget why Magsafe was loving awesome?

I love getting electrocuted by frayed wires.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You know what's better than a quick disconnect wire (it's no wires).

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New MacBook looks awesome, turning off the stream.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

illcendiary posted:

I'm probably going to sell my iPad mini and MacBook Air and buy a MacBook. iOS devices still really suck for my ADD style of tabbed internet browsing.

Lets hope the Core M can keep up with that.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was waiting for this. Of course it's 10k it's solid gold.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lol if you were going to buy a watch, at any price point.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Three Olives posted:

This costs $200. Get it together with Wear Google, I expect some good poo poo very soon.

The only idea worse than buying an apple watch is buying an android watch.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Why are you guys still talking about watches when their laptop stuff is honestly like loving shocking. They apparently believe so much in the new, non-clicky, Force Touch trackpad that they didn't just put it in the new macbook but in the retina Macbook Pros as well. I'm really curious about how it feels if it's not just good for a thin laptop, but apparently better than what already was the best trackpad in any laptop. Really loving skeptical but there are some new features in the trackpad (like vibrating when you snap something into place) that I guess they wanted all their retina laptops to do. It looks like the butterfly switches aren't making it over to the pros however, which makes me less excited about how those feel.

teagone posted:

What's funny is that dongle costs more than an Apple TV.

That's actually really cheap for what amounts to a one plug dock (you used to pay hundreds for something like that), and a different company will probably make a cooler and more cost effective one.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

Ok that doesn't really solve any problems unless you want a/v out

a/v out is problem solved? Also some other company is going to come out with a splitter that you can charge with, if that's what you're looking for, and it's not going to be so pricey.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

Yeah I'm really interested to see what both the keyboard and trackpad are like in person. I was really skeptical when they eliminated the button from the bottom of the trackpad but once I got used to it I pretty much couldn't go back so maybe it's the same sort of thing.

MrBond posted:

You can probably expect to see the new keyboard across the line within a year or 2 at most.

While it's not a complete review at all, the puff-pieces from reporters who got some time with it are generally really impressed with the trackpad, and say that it feels at first click like you're using something that depresses deeper. They also say that the keyboard feels good for a board with such little travel, it's still not as a nice as the older design. We may see butterfly switches in the MBP eventually, but they'll probably also come with a deeper travel.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Vertu, I'm pretty sure that apple is using the watch as a way to debut the idea of stainless steal and gold products so they can eventually sell iPhone Edition editions.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Goddamnit, I don't want to live in a world with this phrase.

No one is actually going to call it that, except for me because I like saying stupid things.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Plastics are cool, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

IuniusBrutus posted:

The only market I see really being drawn away from traditional watches are those who buy watches as a mere fashion item and don't have the income to buy everything they want.

So I guess the watch is going to be massively successful then?

• Locked thread