Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Three Olives posted:

I have no idea if the steps are off or not, if I knew how many steps I had in a mile I would have set the stride length months ago. But yeah, distance is definitely off by a lot on runs, miles.

Don't these things have a calibrate function? I know the UP bands do, because I've done it using a 400m track with the iPhone app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'm kind of digging the Verge's sarcastically cynical updates on their live blog regarding the watch.

quote:

NILAY PATEL11:04:59 AM PDT
Apple has reached the "forced fake Q&A with celebrities" portion of its keynote lifecycle.

quote:

NILAY PATEL11:06:47 AM PDT
I'm just saying that you could put this part of the event directly into any Samsung event, and it would be exactly the same.

quote:

NILAY PATEL11:09:46 AM PDT
Press the crown to access Siri. Two drinks.

quote:

NILAY PATEL11:11:48 AM PDT
Double-tap side button to bring up Apple Pay. Drink

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

quote:

NILAY PATEL11:26:23 AM PDT
The music behind this stainless steel video is like the best New Order song ever.

quote:

NILAY PATEL11:27:06 AM PDT
New Wave Doom Steel is a really good name for a band.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Three Olives posted:

Yes but on the bright side your sports edition is made out of aluminum instead of aluminum which sounds much fancier.

Is this a po-TAY-to/po-TAH-to thing?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The Dave posted:

Except for the part where people will know you spent over $10k for it.

I honestly wonder if Apple has thought through some sort of guts upgrade plan for people with the gold one beca... Lol come on of course they didn't.

Well, supposedly the watch has a discrete module that can be popped out (basically everything but the battery and screen stuff). I haven't heard any more on whether the existing watches can be HW upgraded that way for a lesser cost. If that's the case I'll have no issue buying the steel version. If it's not, I probably won't purchase any version.

• Locked thread