Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm thinking of picking up a refurb S2 from Apple. They still seem expensive at $589.00 CAD so I'm trying to build value. That's not a too bad price for a watch I would wear daily but I'm afraid that these things will become obsolete like the phones after a few years which kinda sucks for watch.

I have a 7Plus and it looks silly in my dress pants so it would be nice to keep it in my bag and have the watch to check messages. I also need a watch for my lectures cause I feel looking at my phone is inappropriate. I also like the idea of the fitness applications.

Anyways, what do you guys think? Was the watch worth it over a nice black G-Shock (I only like digital watches) or is it totally an overkill frivolously purchase if you have surplus funds...?

edit: what the gently caress why is the S3 (non cellular) only $469 CAD...cheaper than the S2 refurbished....I"m so confused.

edit2: oh ok stainless steel case vs aluminum...what are the advantages disadvantages?

Housh fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Whelp. Looks like I best not get an Apple Watch. Sounds like a poo poo show.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Refurb SS S2 or Aluminum S3 non-LTE? Can't make the decision.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Decided I'm going to get a refurb series 2 stainless steel from Apple as my first AW. Fell in love with the Milanese Loop. I heard you guys talking about a decent knock off version of it. Got a link? What is the difference between and the real deal?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm wearing this with my SS S3 right now and its pretty drat good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073QNR4D2
Ahh. Wish they shipped to Canada. I'll have to live with the black sports band until I can source a Milanese Loop. Really excited to get my first AW. Hopefully it will ship to me faster than the estimate. It's funny cause all my Apple stuff will be the 2016 "Make America Great Again" models. iPhone, MBP, and now AW.

I like how wearing the watch can unlock your laptop without using touchID. Really excited to see other small stuff like that.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

That sucks. I might just roll with the sports band and grab the official Milanese next month. I just got notification my AW will be here Tuesday! :woop:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

When it was brought up a couple months ago, people mentioned the Apple Milanese slipped, too.
If that is the case, I'll grab a dirt cheap one. It just looks like the Milanese is a nice one for dressing up the watch. I'll see how I like wearing the rubber.

Anyone have the top4cus Milanese loop? amazon prime canada sells that one.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I just tried the Milanese at the fruit stand and thought it was cool. My last watch had a thin leather strap that was comfortable. What do you guys recommend for business casual hairy arms?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm happy my carrier isn't even supported in Canada. Helped me decide on getting a SS S2. Now I can blow all the extra money on BANDS.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Got my SS s2 and I love it. The rubber band feels nice and comfy. It’s the most comfortable watch I ever wore. Love unlocking my laptop with the watch and I replied to my first email on the thing using outlook.

So far so good. Using the Siri face cause I like all the info.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Lemme know how the strap feels on your wrist. I occasionally get a rash from mine.

So far one day wearing with gym no problems.

Anyone recommend a sleep tracking app or are they pointless?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I used Maps on my watch to walk to a job interview today. It's a game changer. Really loving this watch. Wore the watch to the gym. Rubber band doesn't give me a rash. Feels really comfortable.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

SS looks/feels nice and I don’t find it heavy with my dainty wrists. I wear it formally too and like the shiny sides. Otherwise, meh.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Do you want to stream off the watch to play it off the speaker? I have my phone with me all the time and use Bluetooth headphones. I stream my music collection off my plex server and pretty much use the headphones as the interface. I can also control tracks off the watch too.

Is it for jogging and not having a phone in your pocket? I thought you still need that anyways for S2.

Also no band rash thus far. Slept with the watch on a few times too. I like the rubber band but I think I will get something classy this holiday. Either leather or the stainless loop.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

No so what used to be present on os3 was you could control your entire music library from the watch and steam it to your headphones. You could select your phone as a source and browse the entire library you had on it and it would play them through your headphones. Now you're stuck selecting the music that's synced to your phone, you can't view your phone library via the watch.
I used to just throw my phone in my bag and use the watch to select music from the phone but that's impossible now.
It was great for running too, keep the phone in my little waist bag.
Yeah that sucks. I never even got to use it before it was gone. So people with S3 still can? It's like how they gimp older generation Apple TVs with OS updates.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Do bands ever go on sale?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Hahahhaha. I just tried it and it crashed my watch too.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

It needs to be washed after exercise
Yeah. That's what I have been doing. I got a spray bottle of isopropyl I use on a cloth to wipe down the back of the band after the gym.

Really debating what I want for my next band. Milanese or a nice leather band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

Just check Etsy. Lots and lots of good bands for good prices there. Certainly much less than designer brands will charge you.
drat. There’s some really good looking stuff.

• Locked thread