Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I'm really expecting for both higher models to be upgradable. I'd say the sport model will get left out in the cold. I'm also hoping the mid-range model will be 500-600 and not 750-1000 as I have read. I really have my heart set on it but cant imagine paying that much for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

illcendiary posted:

Upgradable in what sense? I really don't expect Apple to handcuff themselves to first generation hardware for years.

Jim Dalrymple touches on it in this article along with Gruber

http://www.loopinsight.com/2015/02/26/every-apple-watch-and-repairability/

Basically, why would this image exist is the gist of it

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Thermopyle posted:

The reviews I've read of the various fitibit wrist straps (that have bothered to check. Hilarious number of "reviews" don't even check) have shown them to be accurate to within 10% for steps.

Honestly, good enough for me.

I had both a fitbit and a jawbone and found the fitbit to be much, much more accurate. The jawbone would sometimes register less than half of the correct number of steps.

I rarely keep my phone with me (leave it plugged to the computer) when at work and will frequently walk away from my desk and around my building. My main concern is the functionality of the watch at that point. I'm hoping it will continue to measure steps & other basic things without the phone connection.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

I'd buy an AppleTV for every room in the house at that price...if it had a Plex app.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

I'm surprised that there is ZERO differentiation between the three models outside of the case. Why would I pay for anything more than the sport version?

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

I'm really surprised so many people are losing their mind at the prices. The gold edition was never meant for us. Hell, Tim Cook doesn't even wear it and it won't even be sold in most apple stores. It was meant for the people who never had to wonder or care about how much it cost. It's a fashion intended item and as such, it's sold to the same crowd that wear stupid swan dresses and goes to fashion week to toss pieces of bread at the models.

I think the sport prices are good and the regular model might be a little high. This is true of all Apple products though. The only thing that floored me is the individual price of the metal link strap. I'm not a watch collector but my father in law is and he's dropped over a grand on a watch before many times and those watches have zero abilities outside of telling time.

suddenlyissoon fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 10, 2015

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

bobfather posted:

You people are crazy.

Modern day smart phones look and function the way they do because of the iPhone.
No first-generation Apple product is ever perfect, but Apple always ends up making stuff that's so good other companies can't help but take inspiration from it.

Spatule posted:

No we're not. People worship anything Apple makes for no valid reason, and poo poo over other companies for much smaller mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eywi0h_Y5_U

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

I can't pinpoint it but there's always something about the Verge's video reviews that enrage me. Maybe it's smugness.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Use the apple store on your phone! I've already placed my order! Space Gray sport on it's way!

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

I just hope the "order through the iPhone app" thing doesn't get out or remembered by the masses. It's also worked like this for the last iPad and iPhone launches.

If I was a betting man I'd wager that the majority of these orders will still be delivered on launch day, not May 8th.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

monkeu posted:

That Verge spikes bracelet dude got into a Twitter spat with an ex Apple exec: http://gawker.com/adult-website-editor-throws-twitter-tantrum-over-his-br-1697459743

He had to wear that cuff in the shot. He was going to a Green Day show after filming the review.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

It seems that if you ordered either watch in Space Gray (like I did with the sport), you're pretty screwed right now in terms of getting it tomorrow.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Some developers apparently don't know how to best use their app on the Watch but want it on their anyway. For example, it appears that the Fandango app, instead of giving movie times, locations, etc, gives you movie quotes. That's it...movie quotes.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

I have no one to send my heartbeat to :(

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

io_burn posted:

This person on MacRumors is trying to argue the 38mm fits them.

This is why the "shaming" movement is wrong. Shaming must exist unless we just want to continue to see this sort of thing occur. And of course they used the Mickey Mouse face. Of course they did. The first thing I did was delete it from mine.

She's going to lose that "limb" when she cuts off blood flow.

suddenlyissoon fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 25, 2015

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Do none of you guys have jobs? Like 8 out of the 10 battery life posts have been like "yeah, used it from 10:30 this morning and at 7pm it still had 50%".

I'm employed and wear mine from about 5:30 am until 10 pm and have only been under 30% one time. That includes an hour-hour and a half at the gym daily.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

I'm not really sure what the purpose of the "live" wallpapers on the Watch when you can't add any additional information to them. I'd love to have a photo of my dog on my wrist but I still would like to have some indication of what my activity level for the day is.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Has anyone found any decent screen protection yet? I had a armorsuit screen protector on my 42mm since launch and it did ok but the edges pealed completely up. Since then, I've tried 3 other screen protectors that all haven't lasted more than a day or two because of peeling.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

The best part of the watch is the health tracking abilities. If used properly, it can be pretty life changing..like telling you when to get off the couch and get another bag of Cheetos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

I pre-ordered through Apple but cancelled it two minutes later after I pre-ordered through Best Buy with a gift card. gently caress me :(

• Locked thread