Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

You tell that most valuable company in the world what to do!

I'm sure people e-mail Tim about dumb poo poo everyday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ResearchKit being open source is pretty cool.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Like FaceTime was open source? :haw:

Ah gently caress thanks for reminding me.

:siren: gold mac :siren:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That thing genuinely looks as thick as a loving iPad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Devil Tesla posted:

New keyboard switch, more excited about this than I should be.

Yeah but it's no Model M

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Paul Allen posted:

FILL THAT poo poo WITH BATTERIES BITCH

I like this approach. Make poo poo tiny then the rest is batteries. Each key on the keyboard could be a battery.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Everyone on these photos is laying their iPhones screen down and it's triggering me hard.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ive should be audiobooks.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rabble posted:

LOL at people laughing in the background at the absurdity of the drawing a cat thing.

Kevyn posted:

Drawing dongs on iwatch forever

Dickbutt watch face is going to get popular real quick.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Three Olives posted:

Can't wait to track my standing.

I'm glad technology has reached a point where it will actively shame me for being a lazy gently caress.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is uncomfortable.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bottom Liner posted:

So where was the phone while she was running that race?

Logikv9 posted:

comes with the iPouch to hold all the dongles you need (dongles not included)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dude just triggered my phone's "Hey Siri" :argh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: using your watch as a boarding pass TSA is going to loving love that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

HAhahahaha that drawing was so loving bad

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Automating your home must be nice. Sure wish I had all that money to throw away.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

"Helps prevent against scratches"

I've been proving that poo poo wrong on every iOS device for years now, Jony.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

$350 for the low end is ridiculous.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Three Olives posted:

$50 more for mens size is bullshit, Jesus.

Wait till the extra $100 for steel.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The steel one looks nice as all gently caress but it's going to cost more than a loving iPad, isn't it?

$599-1099 what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

$10k :vince:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can't wait for a third party nato strap.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gohmak posted:

Thank god for sapphire crystal. I've bumped the watch face no less than 6 times today. One time so hard the door frame paint smudged off and looked like a bad scuff. Zero blemishes after a wipe with the rag.

Have you considered not flailing your arms like a madman whenever you walk?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I've had the watch for a couple of days now and I'm pretty darn happy with it. I was worried about battery life but for what I'm using it for (notifications / texting / exercise) I can make it all day without worrying about the phone dying. Couple of questions:

- Is there a known issue with quick replies? I'll receive a message on Hangouts and it lets me reply. I dictate whatever and hit send. A couple of minutes later I'll check on the phone and my reply wasn't sent at all. So far it's happened a couple of times and I can't tell why.

- Stocks app :argh:

- Any reason phone alarms don't sync?

Overall I'm pretty happy with it especially since I got the watch for cheap ($100 off + some gift cards on Best Buy). I'll probably end up spending money on another band and a charger for the office. If Waze can get a watchOS app going it would be pretty awesome.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So has anyone had the watch just decide to eat up all the battery and die? Last Sunday my watch just starting draining way too fast and usage/standby read the same. I tried rebooting, force rebooting, reset sync (side note: 9.3 beta actually breaks this so you can't actually do it). I ended up needing to unpair the thing and restore from backup to make it stop. After restoring everything worked all right but now it's doing the same thing. It's been off the charger for an hour and it's gone from 100% to 79% and on track to die before lunch time like it almost did on Sunday.

Soooo has anyone had this happen? I'm not looking forward to restoring from backup on a weekly basis.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WatchOS beta is dev only so no on that one but I "fixed" it! Turns out turning both watch and phone off for a couple of minutes then turning them back on (phone first, watch last) Makes whatever was causing it to go away. My guess is something is getting stuck in a sync loop but can't pinpoint if it's the watch or the phone causing the gently caress up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah the nagging to stand up and move and generally have those activity bars taunting me every day (holy poo poo there's achievements for being active all week? gently caress yeah) have gotten me to do more in the mornings and generally not be a lazy gently caress. Also not having to check my phone is pretty nice whenever something pops up.

Now let me change notification sounds and maybe open up what else uses the speakers/mic, you fuckers :argh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can't speak of that particular one, but the knockoff Milanese band I bought for like $20 has worked perfectly and looks like the real thing. I've had it for a month now of daily use and have had no issues with discoloration or the magnet suddenly being poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kenderama posted:

I ordered the space-grey/dark one and should have it tomorrow. Will post pics and thoughts once it arrives.

I think that's what I have.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Grimmeh posted:

Which one is this? Would you mind linking to it?

Should be this one. That and the JETech were the best rated so I think I randomly picked between the two.

JETech has a nice stainless steel link bracelet knockoff for $70 I've been looking at but it doesn't have nearly as many reviews as the Milanese Loops.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Does the Milanese loop pull out your arm hair

It does not. It's actually pretty comfortable.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So is the Facebook messenger app just not work for anyone else? Mine just shows the spinning/loading wheel and never actually does anything.

I wish Hangouts would come out with a watch app :smith: and Waze.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If WatchOS 3 ends up being as good as I hope it is then I'll be way happier with getting the watch a while back instead of still be waiting for the 2nd gen. The only thing I could go for hardware wise is GPS so I can run without the phone but even that I is not essential. Since I can just run with my phone.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

robodex posted:

As an aside my favorite apple watch feature is the one that reminds me to go for a smoke stand up every hour. :v:

I'm glad they're updating that for handicapped people.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

I've definitely seen it. Makes them look like a Casio G-Shock.

G-Shock owns though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Golf Now app has Apple Watch support and I used it this weekend. It was pretty nice. If the course is in their system you can check how far away you are and even input your score on the watch.

It suited my needs but that was literally the only golf app I've tried so I have no idea if there's anything better.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would buy it from Apple then get Applecare+ then enjoy your watch and the two things you might do with it until watchOS 3 comes out and magically fixes it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nicetalga4Meltdown posted:

In general I find myself using the watch more with watchOS 3.

I can't wait for it.

I hope apps handle better on it. The run keeper app on the watch is a big piece of poo poo that crashes every time after a few minutes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

japtor posted:

How are you finding battery life compared to before?

Haven’t thought about that, but I vaguely recall more (if not neatly all) app logic and stuff moving to the watch, vs the still somewhat segregated model in OS 2. Might be completely wrong there though, but I’m guessing I saw it in the WWDC platforms keynote or the new stuff in Apple Watch specific presentation.

I'm hoping whatever they do address Runkeeper. It's the app I use the most since I'm running daily and it's frustrating to have it crash and lose "connection" to the phone app. So trying to open the watch app after a crash only gives you the option to start a run instead of realizing "oh hey there's a run already being tracked".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

japtor posted:

What are the features you like in Runkeeper vs the workouts app? Honest question since I've been lazy or indifferent about trying out other running apps, plus it sounds like OS 3 addresses the main shortcomings I have with it anyway.

Stats/route tracking on runkeeper is pretty nice plus I use a couple of their training plans / goals are pretty dynamic and good at motivating me. Once you have the plan set you can pretty much start and log your runs on the watch without ever opening the phone. So I just throw the phone on the armband and get going. Only when the app crashes I need to actually use the phone to end the run. Which nowadays is every run.

It also has pocket track which automatically logs any 15+ minute walk even if you're not using the app.

The pro subscription is not needed. It lets you set routes on their site which you can then follow, shows you more info about your runs, and has live tracking if so others can see you run (I have no idea why this is a thing but apparently it is?). They like to throw discounts on it all the time, especially if you do their monthly 5k/10k challenges or beat your own records enough times.

Oh and I also use it for snowboarding during winter.

• Locked thread