Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I'm not seeing anywhere that I can change the screen sleep time. I want to keep the screen on at all times until I lock it, like I can with an iPhone. Is this not possible? Battery life is not a concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
e;nm

dc3k fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 27, 2015

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
What's the verdict on s1 battery life compared to s2? I don't care about GPS or waterproofing. Is the s2 battery life good enough that it's worth the $100 premium?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Gunder posted:

I bought an S1 a few weeks back. It was getting around the 18 hours of battery life that Apple claims. Then I updated it to 3.1 a couple of days ago and since then my battery life has shot through the roof. Just get an S1.

Sold. Got one yesterday and it's doing well so far. Seems like ~1% per hour right now, but it's only been off the charger for 3 hours. Liking it a lot more than my Pebble Time

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Where's the setting to reverse the scroll direction of the crown? I can't find it anywhere.

edit: also this battery life is significantly better than I remember hearing about shortly after original launch. 7.5 hours off the charger and I'm at 79%

dc3k fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 29, 2016

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Is there some trick to getting the emoji list in iMessage to not be nearly unusably laggy when scrolling?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Kailtor posted:

:trumppop:

People really bought those?

http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-watch/apple-watch/gold-aluminum-cocoa-sport-band?preSelect=false&product=MNNN2LL/A&step=detail

Looks nice to me

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Taima posted:

Is anyone really into Apple Watch apps?

I would love to hear about what's good. Right now I mostly use my watch to control Airpods, along with Darksky for weather. Would love to make it more useful.

Besides that I primarily make people sad when I check my notifications and they think I don't want to be talking to them, but that's not really an app.

The only app on my radar is a Spotify watch app called Spotty that I have been waiting for but it keeps getting delayed so who knows when it will release at this rate.

if you're into biking, strava's watch app is great

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Target hosed up and is double applying a coupon. S1 for $140 off.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Watch OS 4 is loving dope. Now Playing thing automatically being open when I'm listening to music + scrolling the wheel to change volume = worth it alone

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

GoldfishStew posted:

You literally can’t play music that’s not synced to the watch

I don't care about that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
it's fixed in 11.2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU