Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
While Jony Ive may have a voice born of the reality distortion field, it doesn't make up for the fact that it field generator was buried with Jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I think it's actually hilarious that the HBO Now and new Macbook (the new model, not just the general refresh) are bigger news (to me anyway). If I was in the market for a laptop, I'd be really hard pressed to choose between Apple's options (an impossibly thin Macbook or a still-really-thin but more powerful Macbook Air).

I wasn't the target market for a watch anyway but I had hoped, as The Verge guy commented, to see if Apple could produce a strong answer for the "Why" of the Watch. As it stands, outside of a few niche applications, it's just a really expensive toy that also extends your phone to something you wear on your person. That's kinda the definition of a regular watch (the toy part) but you'd expect for a smart watch to do something more. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd gens will prove the answer to the "Why".

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I made an Apple event thread to discuss Watch updates (among other things).

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
So quick question then (as a non-Apple Watch user): what happens if I'm listen to podcasts and walk out of range of my iPhone and wifi and I have a non-LTE Watch?

I'm in wifi nearly all the time except for when I'm doing yardwork outside. If I started listening to podcasts while connected to my home wifi and walked outside of my wifi-range, what happens?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
So someone sell me on if the Stainless Steel version is worth the extra cost.

So far, all I've heard it's heavier than the Aluminum and so feels more solid.

For the record, the only thing the Stainless Steel has in its favor is that I like its Black aesthetically over the aluminum Space Gray.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I’d love a section in the OP with third party quality knockoff bands along with other goon recommendations for bands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

The OP is so old it's pre-launch of the ORIGINAL Watch. I'm gonna go ahead and write a new one up. Post funny thread titles here.

Apple Watch - Proving once again to wait for the 3rd revision of an Apple product

• Locked thread