Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I hope this turns out to be a great product.

I'd almost switch from Android to an iPhone if this is great. Just the idea of getting and setting up new apps, workflows, getting used to a new way of doing things, blah blah blah...just makes me want to cry a little bit..

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

The reviews I've read of the various fitibit wrist straps (that have bothered to check. Hilarious number of "reviews" don't even check) have shown them to be accurate to within 10% for steps.

Honestly, good enough for me.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Three Olives posted:

It's -/+ like <5% for walking for me but way, way, way off for running. You can adjust the stride length but I haven't bothered to see how accurate it is since I always track my runs with GPS/Treadmill.

I didn't really notice at all before the Charge HR because you couldn't set a workout but I run 5k+ a day and I'm lucky if it counts 2 miles of it, probably not even close to that.

Are you saying that it's off on step counting for running or just distance measurement?

My FitBit Flex is pretty good for me for running. During pleasant weather I run 5k a few times a week and haven't noticed it being too bad for distance measurement. Of course, I don't pay any attention to its distance measurement since I use RunKeeper, but I feel like I would have noticed if it was off by miles.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Electric Bugaloo posted:

You know that it's an Apple thread when everygoon's getting all competitive about how many 5k's they run per week.

I think you misread the room.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

mik posted:

I always hate the over-enthusiasm of the audience at these things "woo we're so excited to be able to buy new products!!!"

Yes. It's so awkward.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Keep in mind that a decent chunk of the audience is the engineers who have spent years working on the product and are very proud of their work and excited about its release.

Good point.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I'm so excited to hear about when people may or may not get their watch.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I can't believe* this thread has so many new posts talking about when/who/where/why with regards to shipping of a watch.

* I kid. I definitely believe it.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

This is surely a great conversation to have in a gadget thread. Please (don't) continue.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

test two

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 6, 2017

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

How is it broken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Yeah, t-mobile is fine except when it's not.

• Locked thread