Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bum the Sad posted:

I didnt even know they were selling non-cellular ones. I just assumed it was one of those activate it if you choose things.

Edit: lol wtf they don't even sell a Stainless Steel version with a link band anymore?

I imagine no one was buying them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bum the Sad posted:

I got an S2 SS with Link on launch. Love it. Was planning on replacing it with an SS S4 with Link when it comes out in a year or two. Don’t want to pay a $150 premium for a Milanese loop I’m gonna throw in the garbage.
When I said "no one" what I meant was "a very small number that meant that selling them in with the Watch led to lots of unsold inventory so it's easier just to sell the popular bands and sell the link bracelet separately"

And why would you buy another one? I kinda doubt they'll be changing the form factor. Just use the one you have. And why would you buy a Milanese if you don't want it? You can get an SS with a sport band.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I never got a rash wearing the rubber straps. I generally wear nylon except to the gym, though, since I think it looks and feels better.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SS looks better, in general, and that it has a sapphire screen is why I went with it. No scratches after a year on my S2, while my aluminum S0 took quite a beating. (The SS case, itself, is quite scraped up, so it's not like I've babied the thing.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Dave posted:

Weird, nothing I do with a barbell gets in the way of my watch. The only time I have to take it off is slam balls because the ball will knock it off.

Yeah, the worst that happens to me is I'll compress the button enough for Siri to pop up. It's annoying, but not a hindrance in any way.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Or you could just go to bed and not sperg about filling a meaningless ring on your wrist computer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh that's good news. Switching phones was a pain in the rear end before.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got my S0 at Target for $100 off plus a $100 gift card (they pricematched the $100 off with Best Buy, and the gift card was their promo) on Black Friday the year it came out, so retailers aren't shy about putting them on sale. Pretty sure there were S2 deals last year, so I certainly wouldn't count it out.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol Mine crashed too. Good work Apple!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

So uh I bought my wife the S2 for her birthday but I'm trying to find a good women's band to replace the stock black one with. Has anyone bought a good looking feminine band?
Just check Etsy. Lots and lots of good bands for good prices there. Certainly much less than designer brands will charge you.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why would you put something you can't keep in stock on sale?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Nike bands are a nicer than the regular sport bands for actually working out in.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The OP is so old it's pre-launch of the ORIGINAL Watch. I'm gonna go ahead and write a new one up. Post funny thread titles here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

New thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840039

• Locked thread