Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
What's the chance this thing is the next iPod Hifi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I won't be buying an Apple Watch, but I freely admit that if this was just the same product with the same features but in a mostly unobtrusive set of eyewear, I would be making GBS threads myself right now.

Honestly I feel like Apple Glasses would be the "holy poo poo" moment with more crazy possibilities for apps. GPS overlay, reminders, heartrate if you're into that, basically a HUD for your life.

Jobs would have given us super future glasses. :(

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
A warning: nothing makes you want one of these stupid things more than going to an Apple Store and playing around with one. I went from thinking it was a poor substitute for Apple Glasses (still kind of think this really) to trying to justify buying one based on a few very specific scenarios I know will come up infrequently.

I know I should just hold out for next year's model with a robust App Store and the kinks worked out, but drat if i don't want the dumb trinket now. If I DO manage to wait, I'll probably go for the stainless steel/sport band and buy the inevitable 3rd party bands if I want to class it up.

(PS: they had edition watches under glass and holy poo poo are they nowhere near worth what they want for them.)

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

gohmak posted:

Saturday night my 38 week, 4 days pregnant wife and I were out for dinner. She left her purse and phone at the table to go to the restroom about 60 feet away. Her water broke and she was able to text me from her watch that she was going into labor.

What is this watch for? :agesilaus:

If you relay this to Apple, I'd think you have a better than zero chance at being offered some kind of free poo poo/$ to be part of an ad campaign.

No, seriously, you should email them now. The company that flew a model to the third world to run a marathon and kiss poor, dying black babies while wearing a watch would LOVE to get on this.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

rage-saq posted:

The cheapish pandawell leather strap on amazon is actually decent. The lugs that were included are pretty much a flawless fit and match the finish of the stainless perfectly, and while the leather band is on the cheap side, its perfectly functional. I find it quite a bit more comfortable than the sport band for regular wear, but given my preference for leather straps thats not a surprise.

Did this include any kind of swappable option for those of us who ordered the aluminum space gray?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Anyone else running into issues where they can't get an Apple TV to show up on the remote app menu? They seemed to pair fine, entered the code, & the watch even shows up on the Apple TV menus as paired. But the Apple TV doesn't show on the watch end. Any ideas? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

fordan posted:

Does it work with the remote app on the phone? Usually when I see this it doesn't work with any iOS remote and it's time to reboot the AppleTV.

Hey, just want to say that this did the trick. Thanks!

• Locked thread