Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
I hear Otter Box is working on gauntlets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Speaking of, the 2nd gen Apple Watch will probably have these features:

Built in GPS for fitness

Same battery life (good enough*)

Pick one.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Mr Funkface posted:

Microsoft's approach was to augment the watch you already have with the Band as an accompaniment rather than a watch replacement. As it turned out they made it too bulky but I prefer this approach, though I wear watches anyway. I had both on one wrist but would have preferred separate wrists with a smaller device (watches need to be away from your mouse hand).

My Band has replaced my watch for day-to-day wear (I don't wear watches for fashion, that's just me). The exception is for running or swimming, when I have dedicated Garmin devices.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Is there an app to display a compass (maybe an arrow and a heading)? Not a GPS display.

TIA

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

LitigiousChimp posted:

You should check the folder where you stuck all the Apple default apps that you thought you'd never use.

edit: oops, this isn't the phone thread, sorry I have no idea but that would be a good idea for an app

Yeah, I was hoping that built-in app would have a watch version, but apparently not.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

I hate it when it tells me to stand up while I'm pooping.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

On my desk at work in the morning.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Apple Watch Tess Holliday Edition.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Charge it on your desk at work for an hour when you get in.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Yeah my company's EPP was worth a whopping $8 toward an S2.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

If your headphones don't allow you to control that, you don't need to unpair from the phone, you can just disconnect in Bluetooth settings.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

I have somehow set off the stopwatch on the Chronograph so anything is possible.

Oh so many times. Pisses me off.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Non-goons wash their arms where they've been sweating under their watch the rest of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

I tuck mine into the pocket of my cutoff jean shorts before I wear them into the shower.

• Locked thread