Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
Does Dark Sky just straight up not work anymore? It was acting up a lot for me the last few weeks and since 3.2, it's not even showing up in the Watch app as a complication option. I don't know what else to use. The stock weather complication sucks. People recommended WeatherBug, but it doesn't have a big complication for the middle of the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Sometimes apps get turned off in the watch app on your phone. check that, and if it is on, turn it off and then back on.

It's there. It's listed under complications. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it on the watch. It's showing up on my watch when I go to the app screen thing. When I go to the modular watch face it's not in the complication list on that though.

While typing this I "fixed it". I added a new modular watch face and it's an option on that. I have no idea how my one specific watch face could get hosed up though?

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

.Z. posted:

What do I have to do to completely disable voice detection on the Apple watch? All the instructions I find are about disabling 'Hey Siri', which I've done, but I still find that once or twice a day something triggers the watch and I get a "I'm not sure what you said there" alert

Are you somehow accidentally holding down the crown? That will bring up Siri also.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

pzy posted:

lol @ an employer who would take that back instead of eating $350 in good will

One time my company told me my bonus for the year. Then gave me less than half what they told me and said what I was told initially was a mistake. That felt like poo poo. It still isn't the same as giving something and taking it back though. That's extra hosed.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Sock The Great posted:

So I picked up my refurb Apple Watch from the fruit stand today and there was no charger in the box? It's fine because I have an S0, but it seems weird that they wouldn't include a charger in the box, even for a returb.

Like, you bought the refurb, or it was a replacement?

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
So I use to check my headphone battery percentage with my watch battery icon thing. Even though the headphones are paired to my phone, not the watch. Anyway, that just stopped showing up. It only shows the watch battery now. I can't tell if it's WatchOS 4.1 or the iPhone X causing it. Any ideas?

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

ManSedan posted:

Whenever I have that problem a reboot fixes it.

Rebooted all three devices, still the same. Damnit. It's the main place I check the battery life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Endless Mike posted:

The Nike bands are a nicer than the regular sport bands for actually working out in.

And you can buy knockoffs that are oem quality for less than $10

• Locked thread