Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
The $10k or even $20k ideas just amaze me. Apple is a company that's all about the bottom line and making products people want because it's trendy, cool, etc., but those prices are just ridiculous. I'm with Three Olives on this.

I'm guessing:
Apple Watch - $449 or $499
AW Sport - $349
AW Edition - $799 up to $999 on the outside

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

Three Olives posted:

I would go with $999 for the Edition, maybe $1,299 but these $5k figures are ridiculous.

Yeah, $999 wouldn't surprise me either, but I really don't think they would crack $1000. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
I recall posts on here (and the rest of the internet) about how the 1st gen iPad COULDN'T be less than $1000, it just absolutely couldn't because x, y and z.

I wonder if this will be a similar situation this time around.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
FILL THAT poo poo WITH BATTERIES BITCH

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Full sized keybald

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
So what's the price? $1200? $1500?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Good sound design on this video

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
#macbooklust

Calm down buddy

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
I actually prefer the satin/matte finish

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
SO wait, can the bands "made" for the regular watch not be used on the Sport watch? I'd think the bands can be used on any watch, correct?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
I have a feeling the 3rd party Apple Watch band market is going to be a robust one

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

Rabble posted:

From the apple watch store page...

"**Apple Watch is splash and water resistant but not waterproof. You can, for example, wear and use Apple Watch during exercise, in the rain, and while washing your hands, but submerging Apple Watch is not recommended. Apple Watch has a water resistance rating of IPX7 under IEC standard 60529. The leather bands are not water resistant. "

IPX7 - Withstands incidental exposure to water of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.

You would think for a watch that has no need to ever be opened and has wireless charging they would waterproof it.

Putting money on the 2nd Gen watch being waterproof, or there being a waterproof option.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Yes, they're selling a device with a very specific charger that you must buy separately.

Apple can charge crazy prices but they're not monsters

Apple Watch Sport
What’s in the box
Apple Watch
Magnetic charging cable
USB power adapter
Two bands
Quick start guide

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
AppleCare+ similar to the iPhone and iPad

Every Apple Watch Sport comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for Apple Watch Sport extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your Apple Watch Sport and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee plus applicable tax.

Extend your coverage to two years of service and expert telephone technical support.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
So something I'd love to see is a breakdown of the Apple Watch vs other smart watches out there. I know there's been some Pebble love here already but the Pebble doesn't have a color screen, correct? And how does the Retina screen on the AW compare to other smart watches? The same? Worse? Better?

I just don't know enough about smart watches to know this kind of stuff. I could find it all on Google but then it wouldn't have that tasty, tasty goon flair I love so much.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

pipebomb posted:

N/M. Posting it in SAMart instead (38mm Sport, Space Gray, Applecare).
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3738137

Not sure I'm seeing a price..

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
So if I got a Series 2 watch and turned off GPS and kept the screen at a decent brightness, would my battery last longer than the batter on a Series 1?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Thanks for the responses

I guess my real question is: does the battery life of the 2 make it a better choice overall than the 1? Or should I just go with the 1 since the processor is the same?

I don't swim a ton or really need the GPS for fitness tracking as I just use stationary stuff to work out, so which is a better option for me?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Thanks for the advice nerds

Also, does anyone have the official Apple charging dock? Is it worth the price?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
I've seen all the 3rd party docks and stuff, they're all fine, but I asked about the Apple dock because they you don't need another charging cable. Cables are $30 alone, so getting a nice dock for $80 isn't crazy to me.

Does anyone have the Apple dock?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
I find it just helps to clean up a desk or nightstand a little, no cables dangling anywhere or falling behind the desk/table/whatever. It's not necessary, but it's nice to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Got a Series 1, really like it so far, except Slack continues to send me notifications even though:

1) I uninstalled the app from my watch and
2) I turned off Slack under "mirror iPhone alerts from"

Is there some other setting I'm missing?

• Locked thread