Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I'm trying to mash 2 devices into 1 small one since she hates carrying her phone or wearing it in a belt.

As a runner/cyclist who also hates carrying his phone or wearing it in a belt, I picked up the LTE version so I could ditch that phone at home. I doubt I'll make a lot of calls/texts, but it is nice to have. I've been lugging my phone around since my Fitbit fell apart last year.

For your "keeping tabs on location" needs, there are actually a couple apps that do this. Glympse has a Watch integration and is a real-time location sharing (your GF would have to share her location with you). Strava also has a track my location feature if you pay for Premium. I haven't played around with it at all since I don't have Premium, but that could be an option as well. Of course, I think you have to have LTE for those to work w/o your phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Duckman2008 posted:

FYI the Verizon watches seem to all, or almost all, have an issue activating. No eta on a fix, apparently the network team that fixes it is off Saturdays and Sundays. Why they weren't forced to work this weekend of all weekends is beyond me.

Interesting- the GF didn't have any issues activating her's yesterday.

So yeah, just tested out the battery on my LTE. Left the phone at home and ran for 1:45 with Strava going and playing music I downloaded to the watch. Battery was at 23% after that. I then made a call to the GF for 5 minutes (super handy via Bluetooth headphones) and threw Strava back on as I walked the few miles back home. 45 mins later, watch was at 4%. It died about 10 mins later with nothing running.

So looks like the watch is good for a half marathon but I doubt it'll last a full. I'll have to try again with the LTE off and see what that does.

Edit: oh loving sweet - watch dying equals Strava deleting my unsynched run data. For fucks sake.

Braincloud fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 24, 2017

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Agronox posted:

Yeah. I've done full + workout app with the S0 and have made it, albeit with <20% remaining. I imagine the later versions are much better so long as LTE isn't on constantly.

I'll definitely try next run with the LTE off.

What I'm more concerned about is Strava just losing my run data. I was really looking forward to seeing what the accuracy on distance/GPS is.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Haggins posted:

I was just going to wait till I saved up for one but I ended up ghetto financing it at AT&T (might as well, it's 0% financing). Anyway I tried to get one in store but they said none of the stores have any. I put in a order online and it says it will ship October 6-11.

The local fruit stand told us to check every morning online at 8am 'cuz they get shipments in everyday. You can buy online and pick-up in store. Which is what I did on Saturday after deciding my pre-order/launch date 38mm was too small for my wrist and wanted to switch to the 42mm.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
I've been running with a playlist I downloaded to my S3 but the song volumes are all jacked. Does Sound Check not carry over/work on the watch? I have it turned on in iTunes.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Anyone else having issues with this thread missing a page number? Not that I'll be able to read your replies ...

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
I can see!

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Went for a 2 hour run this weekend with LTE disabled, downloaded music playing, and Strava running, and my S3 still had 50% battery at the end. I'm ok with that.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

It's better than the first time I did that with LTE on and it dropped to 23%. I forgot to add, it was at about 90% when I started.

Would I prefer it not eat that much battery? Well, yeah...

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Maybe we should start a new thread ...

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm only a day into having this knockoff loop but the magnet is loving STRONG and has some rubber that helps grip too.

Quoted for truth! I played about 5 minutes of warm-up volleyball last night with my knockoff loop on, took some direct hits to the band by the ball, and it didn't budge. And then I realized playing volleyball with my watch on was a bad idea so I took it off.

I've also noticed a few of the knockoffs on Amazon mention having a stronger magnet (which is one I picked up) so there's that ...

VVV Re: wearing out after a while: I'm pretty ok with that since at a price of ~$10, they're kind of disposable

Braincloud fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Anyone run into an issue with their watch not showing third party complications? I just had to unpair/repair with a new phone and now I can’t add my Strava or Wunderground complications; they don’t appear in the list. Both apps are installed tho. S3 and iPhone X.

Edit: well it seems to have just magically fixed itself.

Braincloud fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 5, 2017

• Locked thread