Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Went and played with one over the weekend. I'm pretty amazed at the clarity of the map images, I wasn't expecting that at all. And use of the scroller and the button on the right side were easy - even the icons were bigger than I imagined. Everything felt very intuitive, coming from use of an iPhone and a nano for the past 10 years, but I think any new to Apple person would be able to pair it with their phone and handle it well. I tried a sport band and the leather clasp - and they both felt great and solid. It looks really easy to change bands as well.

I kinda really want one now. Thanks Steve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I'm debating between the sport and stainless steel, on a series 2. I work in healthcare, and with the type of job I have, I bang my wrists/hands into beds/wheelchairs, parallel bars, and other heavy things all the time. I currently have a 4 year old Nike GPS running watch, which has taken a beating and still keeps ticking. For those of you with more active jobs, would you feel the sport or the stainless steel would hold up better- with regards to the screen/casing? I've read this thread since the beginning, but still haven't quite made up my mind, even with interrogating others who wear one.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Good call. I probably shouldn't wear it to work.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

My job is way more active and I haven't had an issue with my series 0 sport. You'll be fine.

Cool. Yeah one of my coworkers has one, and she hasn't had a problem. But I manage to drill my hands/wrists a lot on my patients' wheelchairs and such, so I was a little concerned.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I finally decided on a series 2 sport, and the 42 fits my tiny wrists perfectly. Battery life is definitely excellent, and I've not banged it into anything yet. I'm definitely a fan.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I reply to texts when driving on it and it works so much better than my 6S. I think voice text is its best feature. Ymmv I guess.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I'm sure the answer is no, since I've looked already, but are there any good sleep apps for the watch?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Thanks for the heads up, I'll try that one out.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Three rings to rule them all, and at 23:50 to bind them as they panic to get them completed.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
It's been solid with my watch so far.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Does anyone else have an issue with their watch randomly restarting at times? Mine has done this 1-2x a week to every other week, from full battery to half, no real consistency. Usually it's when I go to press a complication and poof, the Apple logo comes on. It's out for a minute or two, and then jumps back to whatever I was doing.

I live two hours from the nearest Apple Store, so I'm more questioning if I should do a reset first, wait a week and see, or ask diagnostics via AppleCare.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Yeah, I'm all updated but I wondered if it was a glitch like that. Glad to see it wasn't just me.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Is there a good twitter app that also works well on the watch?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Yeah, I like checking timeline and such. Official app always seems really slow and clunky via the watch. The notifications from whom I follow work fine.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Jumping on the refurb talk - when I got my Sport S2 in January, it absolutely came with a charger and the 2m cord.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

What will I lose if I do a full restore on my watch and set it up as new? Just stuff that was on the watch, right? I won't lose health data from the past 2 years or anything?

Twitter has removed their Apple Watch app. I hope it's just temporary. It's my most used 3rd party watch app since I hate myself and want to stay up to date with what the god awful president is doing now.

I can never get the twitter app to work on my 2, if I click on a tweet notification, I get taken to timeline/trending and never to anything useful. Hopefully they are just going to fix it and release.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
The Snapchat and Twitter icons have been broken since updating to iOS 4 on my series 2. Anyone else? Or reset and it will fix itself.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Yeah, it's the mirrored notifications. Looking online, apparently it's quite a widespread issue.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I really enjoy all the weather notifications on Dark Sky. Worth using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Yeah I get it for Snapchat and Twitter only. Never the tiny icon, just the large notification.

• Locked thread