Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wooly
Jun 5, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Slammed into an apple story today and easily grabbed a series 1 gold and cocoa. Didn't need that other poo poo and this'll be fine to swim so the speed was all I needed and god drat. It's fast.

Have I. Used something? The series 1 isn't supposed to be swam with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooly
Jun 5, 2005

Well, this is going badly. Apple Watch series 2 refuses to switch on. Charged on a known working charger. Ten second reboot hold. Just no response. Any ideas...? (Apple support call already scheduled)

wooly
Jun 5, 2005

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Yeah if holding both buttons down for a long time doesn't reboot it then it's probably broken.

Yeah. Couldn't find any other suggestions. Apple are shipping a replacement - the Apple person I spoke to said there's a contingent stock for replacement and it should be with me within 48 hours. Fingers crossed.

Weirdly, it still seems to be running (Bluetooth is connected) - I checked and it's not in screen curtain mode - though only just found out about that little trick.

I've got a 347 day move streak. Fortunately I kept my old Watch so I can hopefully use that to maintain those red rings.

wooly
Jun 5, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

I have tile because I got a good discount off of them. I've used it twice, but I guess I don't lose things easily. You still have to be in Bluetooth range is the main caveat.

Compare tile and trackr (tile has a Watch app, not sure about trackr).

I lose my keys, wallet nearly daily. I have tile key rings and tile slim for my wallet. Lifesaver for me.

wooly
Jun 5, 2005

The price of Apple sports bands has shot up. I paid £29.00 for one last year through an EPP. Cheapest I can get an official Apple one is now £45.00.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooly
Jun 5, 2005

rear end Catchcum posted:

How do I store podcasts?

It involves iTunes. Good luck.

• Locked thread