Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Keep in mind that a decent chunk of the audience is the engineers who have spent years working on the product and are very proud of their work and excited about its release.

Unless it's like the original iPhone launch where most of the engineers were backstage/ elsewhere still trying to make sure it worked to as much of what Steve wanted to do/show as possible, working up to minutes before the reveal to get the iOS build as stable as possible.

Probably most of the people in the room are celebrities/journalists/the wealthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Electric Bugaloo posted:

:rolleyes:

Yeah, god forbid Apple get pumped and bombastic about legitimately valuable stuff co-developed with the best research hospitals in the country instead of iterative spec bumps.

E:fb.

Hey now, I miss the old MacWorld Expo days where Steve would spec bump the G4 from 450 to a whopping 500 MHz! Thanks Motorola (now Freescale) for the memories!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

(Even though it isn't going to happen) Come on actually revised, cool Mac Mini and not the poo poo we got in October!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

The blackbook is back!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Maybe I'm just an old codger but for general computer use, what's the point of Force Click? It seems more desirable for stylus writing surfaces (tablets) and such.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Now give me a new Mac Mini that is a shrunken trash can too! Gah!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

RVProfootballer posted:

um... steel is expensive?? :confused: not sure where the disconnect here. steel is expensive

But it's not just steel, it's this special Apple "synthesized" alloy called "stainless", that no one has done before!

Oh, wait...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I tried searching and couldn't find anything but wanted to double check. I picked up a Apple Watch Sport and it arrived today, but I was wondering what the consensus is regarding bumpers/screen protectors/etc? For reference I have an Otterbox Commuter and screen protector on my iPhone but I also tend to drop it and such so I feel it's reasonable. For the watch though I'm just not sure how much risk there is from banging it on anything, and also read about hairline scratches in some people's Sport models where they're not sure what caused it so I'd hope to avoid that if possible.

Do I need anything or can I just go with AppleCare+ on it and call it good?

Canned Sunshine fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 1, 2015

• Locked thread