Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
People who speed up when you're walking behind them and then slow down again, only to speed up once more and repeat the process - they'll then keep glancing over their shoulder and shooting you dirty looks as if it's being done deliberately. Of loving course I'm not going to pass you if you keep doing this. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Gen. Ripper posted:

People who obsessively abstain from using the word "retard" and its derivatives, chastise others for using it, and call it the "r-word" like it's somehow EXACTLY as offensive as the n-word. No. No, it really isn't, you goddamn pearl-clutchers, and I say this as somebody who's been diagnosed with a developmental disorder (Asperger's).

Well if someone's going to try and get snooty about sexist and racist language, why should they consider the use of retard, etc, acceptable? I've never gotten a straight answer on this.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Baldbeard posted:

They shouldn't.
This is my peeve.

Nobody gives a poo poo about people with developmental issues and especially physical deformities because it's not trendy to stand up for them on social media.
I see the same social rights heroes say poo poo like, "This retard came in the other day..." or even worse making fun of respite care workers who are with their clients out in public. It's insane how many regular, everyday folk literally think people with disabilities shouldn't be allowed to restaurants and public places and believe it's a shame they weren't aborted.

People can be selective in where their morals and beliefs stand, but if you really want to judge character see how someone acts around a person with a severe disability.

I absolutely love this post, and I'm not being ironic in any way. I work with people who are physically and mentally disabled so it's frustrating as gently caress to see people get on their high horse over bigoted terminology, except for those retards, heh. :smug:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, agreeing with the others. If you want specific change gently caress off to a bank - looking at you folk who buy something using nothing but 5p and 2p coins you were "saving up". :colbert:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

liquidypoo posted:

"A women"

How does this happen? I've never seen a singular man referred to as "a men," so how the gently caress does a singular woman get referred to as "a women" at all? Grammar is not that difficult :psypop:

You forgot to use full stops. :colbert:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh my god stop checking your loving phone in the doorway of a shop you cretin. You automatically lose any right to get annoyed with other people when they push past you despite speaking up.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Thin Privilege posted:

Commercials about some emotional thing (say, a cancer drug) where they have a "patient" and at the end they have a medium shot of them sitting and they have this expression of like, I don't know what to call it but their mouth is half smiling and they have these eyes that look kind of weepy but without tears. Anyways the part that pisses me off on top of the aforementioned poo poo is that this "patient" always makes a really slow, obvious swallow like they're ~choking back tears~ it's so fake and forced ugghhjjj I am very ANGRY

There's a set of adverts doing the rounds over here which is about disadvantaged kids being offered support and help, so they can live up to their potential. That's a fantastic initiative but I'm irrationally irritated by the song using a slow, grungy version of Everyone Wants To Rule The World as its backing track. That song is meant to sound happy and perky because the lyrics are being subversive and mocking the sort of people who think of them as literal. :argh:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Tea Bone posted:

I received an email from my ISP informing me that due to their improved customer service my broadband will be going up by 2.50 a month. If they provided decent a broadband service in the first place they wouldn't need to provide better customer service.

I'm guessing you're with BT? I got a similar email from them after spending several fruitless weeks trying to downgrade my service to save money. I don't need super fast loving lightning broadband, you assholes put me on there without making it clear, and are now feeding me complete horse poo poo to delay a downgrade. :mad:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Comcast pulled this poo poo with me and I was furious. "Hey guys I need internet--just internet--and all I'm doing is light-duty stuff. I do not need TV or phone or a DVR or whatever. I do not need a custom T1 line. I want the cheapest possible cable internet package you have because it will suit my needs perfectly."

*signs fai up for elite $119/mo internet package with TV and phone*

"TURN THIS poo poo OFF THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED"

"What? Well why would you want slower internet and no TV?"

"JUST GIVE ME WHAT I WANTED"

"Welp we'll have to get back to you about that sir I'm sure we can work that out"

*sends out another bill for $119*

My brother in arms. :negative:

I was furious when I looked at the account in detail - curious how said information package was delayed until after the line had been set-up - and saw how much poo poo I'd been strung up for.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Unrelated, but I get annoyed when asking people for sources or information on what they're ranting about is taken as a disagreement. Like, gently caress off, I know Donald Trump is a terrible person, I'm just asking you to shut up ranting for five seconds and tell me exactly what the problem is so I understand what it is he's actually done. :mad:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If someone is behind you on the street and speeding up to go by, please don't also speed up to keep a small distance between you, only to slow back down and close the gap again when you're several feet away. Let them pass. :mad:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I spent far too much time as a kid spawn killing my own team in Quake.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
When I worked retail I was the guy who did that. Talking to myself allowed me to keep track of what needed doing - I got very snippy when people assumed I was talking to them. :shobon:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I always made a point of asking my old boss about holiday when his boss was present. Surprisingly, I never saw a request "lost" or forgotten about once I started doing that...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My pet peeve is homosexuals being ostracized from society. That just seems a bit unreasonable, you know.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Don't blame Bibs for that one. You know exactly what you're doing when engaging with him.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Cows don't have their legs cut off before getting thrown back into the field.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm still weirded out by YouTube suggesting Taylor Swift and Pink because of my interest in country music. :wtc:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Spent all week so far working with temp staff that can barely speak English, which is a pretty goddamn big hurdle when dealing with a lot of older, generally racist old folk.

Communication is key in this job and its getting pretty loving ridiculous how reliant on agencies we've become.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You just needed that last paragraph.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's a veiled threat. Would be a shame if something happened to him, after all.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
No offense but have you just tried cheering up?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You dumb fucks are making Bibs look like the smart one.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Weren't you the guy bragging about goofing off with Netflix at work, because if so that doesn't seem very busy tbh

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I didn't show up to work for like a month straight and nobody including my boss noticed so this is probably accurate.

I'm beginning to think your work isn't actually that important if nobody gives a poo poo about it.

Do the fire drill, you numpty.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
People that hover around, waiting to be noticed, without a simple "excuse me".

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
"I'm not in this job to clean up poo poo."

So why did you pursue a career in care and nursing, fuckwit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Pastry of the Year posted:

the Leper's Colony isn't viewable in the Android version of the Awful app <:mad:>

I have worked closely with many, many nurses and they are something else

Used to work with one nurse that was queasy around blood and vomit. Fair enough - we were in a residential home at the time, and these weren't hugely common for the people we were looking after.

She took a job in a hospital.

Yeeeeah, didn't think that one through too well. Within a week she'd quit that and was trying for her old job - was all but told to gently caress off by management because she'd apparently been slating the home and its carers.

We are a bunch of drama queens.