Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

What bothers me about it isn't the unevenness, it's the fact that it means that the inner sleeve is bunched up somewhere in the outer one. This creates a warm spot and might even make me sweat in that specific location, then I take the jacket off and I have a little wet spot and it's the loving worst.

Also sweat in general is a peeve for me. I have a huge head that leads to thermoregulation problems so I almost always under-dress for the weather (I say I like the cold more but I'm not sure I would without the thermoregulation problems) but I'd rather freeze to death than be inappropriately sweaty. Unfortunately I live in Florida for now so my life is just a whole-rear end shitshow about it, and I always run right up against dress code at work trying not to look sweaty in the summers. Ugh, hate it.

Try turning off dk mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010

The Mighty Moltres posted:

When I was Christmas shopping last year, I sat down on a bench to wait for the person I was with, and an old man politely asked if he could join me. Of course I said yes, and we exchanged a few pleasantries.
After a couple minutes of silence, he leaned over to me and whispered "It's so hard when you can't tell if they're a boy or a girl."
I was taken aback for a moment, then asked "Why do you need to?"
He said "I don't know, it's fun to guess."
I got up and left, because I literally did not know what else to say, especially considering anything I could say would have no effect on a bigoted mind like that.

I have to use specific formats in a lot of work emails which includes using gendered pronouns and I've definitely said something like it's hard when you can't tell if their male or female. But it's not fun to guess, it pisses me off to no end. It's not that hard to put your pronouns in your sig but it's a pretty conservative industry full of old fucks, so our new intern is the only person I've talked to in like a week who does it.

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010

Mister Speaker posted:

No, because it could in fact lead to a higher score if it keeps the ball in play, and because you see it all the time in competition play. Abuse is putting a beer on top of the machine, or punching it when your ball drains - both of which are things I had to warn people about many times at the arcade bar where I worked.

Huh, I would've thought people would be lacking in energy and feeling pretty chill when the ball drains, not throwing punches.

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010

theironjef posted:

I got some of them gym pet peeves.

Anyone that "claims" a machine they aren't using. Usually they like leave stuff on one while using another.

People grabbing a machine for either just a chair or to carry on a conversation.

I use an outdoor gym and do calisthenics and idiots still do this poo poo. There's one bench with an bar for inverted rows, and there's about a 50/50 chance some jackass whose backpack is apparently too good to set on the rubber parquet ground will set his poo poo on it and then proceed to not use that piece of equipment at all. Then when I tell him* to move it so I can get my work in he'll usually act exasperated like it's some huge imposition for him to not bar others from working out. Guys will also ride up on bicycles and then proceed to lock their bikes to the pull up bars or balance beams again blocking from using it. It's infuriating, how do you look at the entirety of the outdoors and decide to pick the only spots that get in everyone's way??? gently caress!

*It is always without fail a guy. True there aren't many women who work out at this spot, but whenever I see any they never seize the equipment as a personal storage space.