Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I just came up with phrases, and each year they’d go by themes. They’d be fictional evil corporations, such as “Weyland-Yutani Corporation, est. 2099” or made-up tavern names like “The Hammer & Sickle, est. 1922”.

I started this year feeling just kinda burned out so my password was “It’s not fun anymore in 2024”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

InediblePenguin posted:

having a documented issue can cause more problems than it solves if you don't require accommodations

How so? Why not put it into the chart and recommend that no accommodations are needed, with an option to change if ever necessary? Does having a diagnosis open you to discrimination or other hurdles of any kind? Seems like a no-win situation, that sucks.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Mister Speaker posted:

Fortunately we're not like that and Wiz has been my best friend for nearly eight years.

Wiz looks just like my old familiar, Mugsy, who I lost last year at age 16. Right down to the white chest patch and whiskers.

Aw, I miss my M’gug B’gug :smith:

root beer has a new favorite as of 22:16 on Mar 19, 2024

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I got a text message a few years ago to that effect and after I explained what happened they let it go

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

credburn posted:

Every coffee table should have a built-in wireless charging thing. It should be happening all around us. It doesn't hurt us, magnets changing frequency over and over or whatever happens when wireless charging occurs. So why not implement it everywhere? Why isn't there a bigger push to make cords entirely obsolete?

Um, there’s a little thing called the deep state bill gates Covid vaccine, ever heard of it, sheeple, er, sheep… person…?

FreudianSlippers posted:

My pet peeve is nazis appropriating Norse Paganism when Hávamál, the closest thing to a scripture in that religion, is like 70% Odin saying "Hey be welcoming and friendly to any and all travelers especially if they've come from far away and feed and shelter them if they stop by. " Which is pretty pro immigrant sentiment.

The rest of it is "Also drink and eat in moderation and don't talk poo poo if you don't know what you're talking about and don't be greedy. Carry a sword in case you get jumped. Ok bye."

Word, I’ve begun to develop a fascination with paganism (not as a worshipper, just fascination) but loving hell do I not need to be lumped in with those ghouls. There was a YouTube channel I was watching for a bit who explains a lot of the Norse mythology; he’s got the typical look, shaven head, bushy beard, mjölnir pendant, et cetera, but I was able to glean that he’s much a live-and-let-live kind of guy who does not tolerate the chuds who ruin it for everyone else. That said, there are still subscribers who’d, despite all that, be all “argle bargle back then all the men were alpha man warriors and women were nurturing and motherly and knew their place and if Thor caught wind of any o’them queers he’d crush’m with his hammer restore the natural order” and goddammit why do I read comments.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Does anyone else think people have become worse drivers overall since the pandemic? I see more people barreling through red lights and dicking around with their phones while driving now more than ever, like everyone either just quit caring or they got the brain worms real bad

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

There's another pet peeve: People going down my street on drugs without offering me any.

Hell yeah, D.A.R.E. lied

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Had two encounters today with people taking up both lanes of the road. I had to swerve onto the shoulder to avoid the first, as it was a double yellow line; fortunately the second was on a road with two lanes going both ways so at least the rear end in a top hat wasn’t driving (a goddamn Bentley) into oncoming traffic. But in neither case were they just veering a little over the line, they were at least halfway into the other lane.

This is just months after they said that Ohio was going to “start” “cracking down” on distracted driving. Mhmmm.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

My wife tries her hardest to avoid using her horn when people are so aggressively terrible behind the wheel because she fully expects them to pull a gun on her. It isn’t just the bad driving, there’s a ton of vindictiveness in these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hardcordion posted:

Does no one do the polite double-beep thing where you guys live? Where I'm from if you want to use your horn in a more friendly way you give it two quick taps.

Yeah, that’s usually what I do, in the rare occasion that I feel the need to do anything—like when it’s clear the driver is not paying attention to the traffic signal.