Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

4 pages and no 1UZ-FE? For shame!
My 93 LS400 had 180k miles when I retired it and didn't use a drop of oil. Great engine.

E: Loved the flat six in my SVX too though. Incredibly smooth running and fairly powerful for its time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

slidebite posted:

Too bad the transmission behind it was pretty much the opposite

Yep. Mine started acting up around 50 or 60k. I totaled it not long after so never had to deal with it. Warped rotors and the tranny were the problems I had, but loved everything else about it.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

slidebite posted:

If the transmissions were decent I'd probably have had one years ago.

As I get old, fat and lazy I can't be bothered to buy a car knowing I'll 99% need to rip the transmission out. Wheel bearings/brakes I can live with OK, but not transmissions as a consumable.
Long after mine was dead I came across a site saying people were adding transmission coolers to prolong the life of them but don't know if true or how effective it was but yeah, a lifespan-challenged AT is no good.

• Locked thread