Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ahem

*Taps thread title *

Problematic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Gough Suppressant posted:

The problem with leafy green mountain living in the South East of Australia is that you are surrounding yourself with fuel in the most fire prone region on the planet.

One of the things I checked put before moving. If you go to the right area, it's less of a worry.

Of course, major bushfires tend not to occur in the same place time after time, so it's still a bit of luck. There are ways and methods of reducing your risk (don't plant eucalyptus trees that literally explode during a fire right next to your house) and other species that don't burn as much (fruit trees, succulents and the like).

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Smegmatron posted:

You're going to die in a firestorm which will be found to have been avoidable if not for massive budget cuts 12 months prior.

Nah, I'm close enough to Albany that I'm pretty safe, and if fire does get here then the whole of town is pretty hosed.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

dr_rat posted:

Australia does have a huge problem with drinking though. I say legalize pot. Not an actually solution I know, but as I don't have an actually solution, other then teaching our kids not to skull a bunch of beers and punch someone, I figured that would do.

I say make pot mandatory.

If you walk out of a pub and are forced to smoke a joint, one of two things is going to happen.

1) you vomit uncontrollably, rendering you useless till you sleep it off, or

2)you chill the gently caress out.

Either way, you aren't going to be punching anyone. Status quo improved.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

Pollies get not exorbitant increase in pay; Auspol explodes.

:downsbravo:

You are aware of how many public servants are in the middle of industrial action because of substandard pay raises meaning they are effectively getting a pay cut oh wait no of course you aren't you complete muppet.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

It belongs in a museum.

With a big flashing sign saying "if you think like this, you are probably a piece of poo poo and you should go take a good long hard look at yourself and your value system"

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cpaf posted:

Pretty sure the requirements of cleanliness and hygiene disqualifies this thread from homebrewing

It's really not that difficult to keep a fermenter clean enough brew in.

Oh wait you were making a joke haha goons are fat and lazy and smell funny. So funny. So original.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Stop making fun of my weight.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Yeah that was a really poo poo joke even by my standards.

Sorry.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cpaf posted:

Because you are a clearly inane and tedious humourless moron, to make my post clear

Don't get me wrong here, I'm happy to laugh at a joke, but when your joke is the same tired poo poo that has been a meme on this site for nearly a decade, it's probably time to stop thinking it's comedy genius.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ket posted:

What's the story behind this?

Anime David studied at a university that held a class that Bill Glasson used for free ideas on an election campaign. He went to the media (crikey I think) about this, there was a story about it and it hurt Glassons election, which he then lost. Auspol nearly had a collective orgasm. It was tops.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

And right as it was happening Raptorfag was on a pony spree in the thread, meaning anybody searching for it got a load of cartoon horse dick.

Maybe that's why auspol had the collective orgasm, I get confused on the details.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cpaf posted:

Sorry for upsetting your enjoyment of Auspol by posting "the same poo poo we always hear" you tiresome idiot

Sorry you seem to think that repeating tiresome poo poo is funny.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Endman posted:

Mate, you're posting in Auspol D&D. poo poo doesn't get more tiresome than this. Give it a rest.

I normally would but I'm in a bad mood and got called a tiresome, humourless, tedious human with no friends because some chuckle gently caress thinks he is kingshit because he posted the same tired crap I have been hearing for nearly 15 years.

At least auspol keeps to humor from this century.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I am undecided on whether or not it's a good thing that my company is moving towards a biometric clock on/off system.

I'm leaning towards bad.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Because I am distrustful of big business in general. After reading a bit more detail it looks like they will use it to scrimp on hours paid. If I clock in 15 minutes before I'm due, they will ignore that and make my start time the official time. If I log off 3 minutes early they will dock me 3 minutes pay. I'm not sure if I work 5 minutes that they will pay me 5 minutes extra.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Laserface posted:

Like I said in my previous post, the software is a pile of poo poo, the physical units arent much better, and IT DOESNT EVEN WORK JUST WITH YOUR FINGER PRINT, IT NEEDS ADDITIONAL IDENTIFICATION

If I was less lazy I would rewatch that mythbusters ep on how to fool the scanners and just gently caress with the system till they ditch it. Have a manager who wasn't in that day log in and poo poo like that.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Orkin Mang posted:

oh please st patricks day is for drinking and acting like a doofus and it has been for a long time.

Just like all the other days Australians have appropriated.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Kegslayer posted:

Its because the cost of compliance and taking him to court is probably higher than what they can recoup assuming they win at all. They have a limited budget and so they go for the easy wins.

Its the same for most regulatory agencies. At the bank where I'm working at now, APRA just calls us in advance to tell us that they're going to be coming down at this date to look at this particular item and to make sure we have everything ready.

Going after the big end of town means saying goodbye to those sweet sweet consulting gigs and directorships when you leave public service.

Twiggy was sued by asic, and won. Can't remember the details, and am phone posting, so you will need to dig up details yourself.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Murodese posted:

The Libs will probably lose the WA state election in 2016? But that's set to be after the Federal, iirc.

Hahaha no they won't WA hosed

Except for random towns like Denmark that vote 1/3rd green because they are nearly all hippies.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Murodese posted:

Yeah, gimme a few.

If you remove the cursing, I will share it also.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

dr_rat posted:

Honestly I'd be happy to have a bit of gambling advertising now and then if they would just ban the loving pokies already.

God everything about pokie machines are terrible.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZAhbhfcrhg

The list of things where WA is the best state:

1) No pokies in clubs or pubs.
2) Ningaloo reef.
3).....

That's about it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Drugs posted:

takes one to know one

:birddrugs:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Drugs posted:

takes one to know one

But seriously, you are objectively wrong about disliking friendly jordies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Oh my god so many words tl:dr haha he could have just had a big tick next to the last list item and made the same point.

• Locked thread